Party changes?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
platy

Party changes?

Post by platy »

If i'm not mistaken when then party system came out you'd be able to share fame and karma gained with party memebers.. this was how my friends got their mules to Lord status..

Also does anyone remember forges on boats? I know there was that portable forge bug / illegal item but for some reason i can remember forges on boats.?.

Derrick

Re: Party changes?

Post by Derrick »

platy wrote:If i'm not mistaken when then party system came out you'd be able to share fame and karma gained with party memebers.. this was how my friends got their mules to Lord status..

Also does anyone remember forges on boats? I know there was that portable forge bug / illegal item but for some reason i can remember forges on boats.?.
I remember seeing forges on boats, but very very early in the era.

I don't belive party members got fame/karma. I belive that came with looting rights.

ecetres
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ecetres »

I rember you could give your fame away by saying something like "i pay tribute to thee" or something and a target cursor would come up. I think it would give 100ish fame every time.
Guerrilla wrote:
i know i cry alot.... its only because i suck, and I'm going to uninstall UO as you read this

Maleficia

Post by Maleficia »

ecetres wrote:I rember you could give your fame away by saying something like "i pay tribute to thee" or something and a target cursor would come up. I think it would give 100ish fame every time.
Didn't the "giver" lose 100 and the receiver got like 10 or 20? Didn't a short while after the party system came out mules could gain fame, but it was a short time after they changed it to the party member had to be in the same dungeon, or even in the same area?

platy

Post by platy »

yeah i think the shared fame came with looting rights..
i remember forges cuz i was one of those newbs who decorated his boat since there were no real house spots left and i couldn't afford a placed one for a while
i also remember them removing forges on boats because the sea's became overcrowded..

Kylock

Post by Kylock »

platy wrote:yeah i think the shared fame came with looting rights..
i remember forges cuz i was one of those newbs who decorated his boat since there were no real house spots left and i couldn't afford a placed one for a while
i also remember them removing forges on boats because the sea's became overcrowded..
I remember having a guildstone on my boat, and I decorated mine too since the items on it wouldnt decay.

Maybe items on boats shouldnt decay, since items on house floors don't decay even though they aren't locked down.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

It was "I honor thee"..and I believe it was karma, not fame.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

alatar

Post by alatar »

i honor thee = fame
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

To settle any inaccuracies in people's memory, this is the information from the Febuary 2, 1999 patch note which notes the addition of the "I honor thee" phrase.

Granting karma to other players
  • Saying "I honor thee" will bring up a targeting cursor.
  • Targeting another player will remove karma points from you and give some karma points to your target.
  • You will automatically turn to face them and bow. Known issue: there's a graphical glitch if you are polymorphed and honor a player. This will be fixed shortly.
  • You have to have a positive karma of a certain level to do this.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Kaivan wrote:To settle any inaccuracies in people's memory, this is the information from the Febuary 2, 1999 patch note which notes the addition of the "I honor thee" phrase.

Granting karma to other players
  • Saying "I honor thee" will bring up a targeting cursor.
  • Targeting another player will remove karma points from you and give some karma points to your target.
  • You will automatically turn to face them and bow. Known issue: there's a graphical glitch if you are polymorphed and honor a player. This will be fixed shortly.
  • You have to have a positive karma of a certain level to do this.
Woot, I win :-p

I wasn't really sure, hence why I said 'I believe', but logically you wouldn't gain fame from being honored and the purpose was so you could give someone good karma for being helpful.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Lajon

Post by Lajon »

I had a portable forge on Sonoma in 99 that I used to carry around to ore spawns. It was an illegal item and I don't remember how it was made. I do remember that it weighed like 200 stones and I paid 500k for it.

platy

Post by platy »

i had a portable forge too
some guy dropped it cuz the illegality of it, i scooped it and boat mined
mine was only one stone though; it was a glorious item

bOmb

Post by bOmb »

Kylock wrote:I remember having a guildstone on my boat, and I decorated mine too since the items on it wouldnt decay.

Maybe items on boats shouldnt decay, since items on house floors don't decay even though they aren't locked down.

I remember my shard during t2a era the entire Brit Bank moat was lined with boats that had guildstones on thier planks. You couldnt get on the boat by clicking the plank cuz it was blocked by stone. Looked awsome but I never had it!!

Fireball
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Fireball »

platy wrote:i had a portable forge too
some guy dropped it cuz the illegality of it, i scooped it and boat mined
mine was only one stone though; it was a glorious item
Yes mine weighed only one stone each.

Pic:
<@BoomlandJenkins> I don't favor anyone here, I hate all of you equally as much as the next player :)