Eating Mushrooms?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Stuck
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Eating Mushrooms?

Post by Stuck »

I was looking at an old stratics page that lists and describes different rares. Next to mushroom it said, "Rumor: When eaten it allows you to polymorph into a monster. You will stay that way for days." (http://web.archive.org/web/200008311724 ... msra.shtml)

I remember hearing about this rumor back in 1998 or 1999. I heard that eating a mushroom would polymorph you into a lizardman for a few days. Was this rumor true?

I don't think many people have mushrooms here, and I doubt anyone would eat one of their mushrooms just to be polymorphed, but where did mushrooms come from on OSI? Were they more common there than they are here?

edit: I realize the stratics page it outside of our target date, but I definitely remember hearing of this rumor in either 1998 or 1999.

cokomantis

Re: Eating Mushrooms?

Post by cokomantis »

Stuck wrote:(...)
I don't think many people have mushrooms here, and I doubt anyone would eat one of their mushrooms just to be polymorphed, but where did mushrooms come from on OSI? Were they more common there than they are here?

edit: I realize the stratics page it outside of our target date, but I definitely remember hearing of this rumor in either 1998 or 1999.
1) i would surely eat some every now and then and fool around.
2) we can always start a rumor, if that rumor is era accurate! =)

ps: there is no cow level by the way.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

cokomantis wrote:

Funny thing is, there was a cow level. I've been there. It's where you found the kings sword of haste and the godly plate of the whale and obsidian rings of the zodiac (not to mention the 200 charge staff of the apocolypse.. you know it existed)
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

ClowN

Post by ClowN »

nightshark wrote:
cokomantis wrote:

Funny thing is, there was a cow level. I've been there. It's where you found the kings sword of haste and the godly plate of the whale and obsidian rings of the zodiac (not to mention the 200 charge staff of the apocolypse.. you know it existed)

cow level was just a bugged level in diablo 1. you could obtain those items in any of the hell levels too. there really was a legit cow level in diablo 2 tho. bet they bring it back for d3 when it comes out.

cokomantis

Post by cokomantis »

i heard that wow has a cow level.

Populus

Post by Populus »

cokomantis wrote:i heard that wow has a cow level.
I heard tetris had a hidden cow level.
ImageImageImage
[cA]

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

ClowN wrote:cow level was just a bugged level in diablo 1. you could obtain those items in any of the hell levels too. there really was a legit cow level in diablo 2 tho. bet they bring it back for d3 when it comes out.
actually, the only one of those items that was a legit drop item was the KSOH. certain prefixes were limited from being available on the same item with certain suffixes.

Godly plate of the whale - only obtainable by hacking
Obsidian ring of the zodiac - hacking
Apocolypse - you could only cast this via scroll

cow level = non existant, there was not even a bugged cow level. SC and W3 both mock this. one of the cheats in SC is "there is no cow level" (instant win). in W3 on the loading screen you occasionally get "Tip: There is no cow level"

methinks someone did too much cheating in d1 and didn't know that his character was completely illegitimate ;)
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

ClowN

Post by ClowN »

nightshark wrote:
ClowN wrote:cow level was just a bugged level in diablo 1. you could obtain those items in any of the hell levels too. there really was a legit cow level in diablo 2 tho. bet they bring it back for d3 when it comes out.
actually, the only one of those items that was a legit drop item was the KSOH. certain prefixes were limited from being available on the same item with certain suffixes.

Godly plate of the whale - only obtainable by hacking
Obsidian ring of the zodiac - hacking
Apocolypse - you could only cast this via scroll

cow level = non existant, there was not even a bugged cow level. SC and W3 both mock this. one of the cheats in SC is "there is no cow level" (instant win). in W3 on the loading screen you occasionally get "Tip: There is no cow level"

methinks someone did too much cheating in d1 and didn't know that his character was completely illegitimate ;)
maybe i was eating to many mushrooms (thats what were here to talk about right?) :D

i say we start a poll to have derrick add a secret cow level somewhere in green acres

EDIT: poll created

cokomantis

Post by cokomantis »

ClowN wrote:(...)
EDIT: poll created
what! where? i vote aye! =)

malice-tg
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by malice-tg »

i dunno about that... BUT there were exploding mushrooms on real OSI not sure what era but it was not common...

one time while pvpin i witnessed a person close to death die from an exploding mushroom in the grass and it was so funny ....

anyone remember those exploding mushrooms in the woods? normal forest?

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

malice-tg wrote:i dunno about that... BUT there were exploding mushrooms on real OSI not sure what era but it was not common...

one time while pvpin i witnessed a person close to death die from an exploding mushroom in the grass and it was so funny ....

I remember them, but they didn't do half as much dmg as the ones in deciet.

There were also traps all over dungeons, I haven't run over a single dungeon trap here

Trephination

Post by Trephination »

nightshark wrote:
malice-tg wrote:i dunno about that... BUT there were exploding mushrooms on real OSI not sure what era but it was not common...

I remember them, but they didn't do half as much dmg as the ones in deciet.

There were also traps all over dungeons, I haven't run over a single dungeon trap here

You are 100% correct on both counts. I did step on a trap here, its rare.
Also... does ANYONE remember the invisible curtain of poison gas in Destard?
It was about mid 1st floor.

All I remember is running through it on my way to kill something up there. Then one day it was gone

Loathed

Post by Loathed »

i do remember playing on sphere servers where liches would cast firevolt (the squiggly fire snake that did like 80 dmg) and also an oddball hallucination spell that made everything appeared screwy, different colors and your character's model changed every few steps. I never recall those spells being implimented or used during t2a era, maybe beta but that was prolly it if at all.

Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

An Corp!

So I recently aquired a mushroom in a trade and, since I've never found a definitive answer to the question of whether or not these can actually be eaten, I wanted to find out. Since last save is 4am for me, and I loves me some sleep, getting up to test it after last save wasn't very appealing. However, my 3 month old just happened to wake up at 4am last night so, while I was warming up a bottle, I hopped on a tested. So here it is:

YOU CANNOT EAT MUSHROOMS!!!

At least here on UOSA, and assuming there's nothing special about the one in my possession (i.e. it's exactly the same as the others that exist here), mushrooms cannot be eaten.

You're welcome! :wink: