Upcoming Patch

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Fwerp
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Upcoming Patch

Post by Fwerp »

I just heard about the upcoming patch, and I have to say some of it sounds mistaken to me...

Although the action delay was longer than it is on live UOSA, I have a hard time believing it was a full 1s delay to move objects in your backpack, etc. You could move potions to a corner of your pack without having to wait a full 1s per potion to drag, though again, it was probably a longer delay than is here. What is the delay in the demo?

Second, with regard to the horse changes, I am not sure that the aggro that is being implemented is 100% correct. Sure, attacking someone's horse would screw them over pretty appreciably, but they could eventually remount the horse without having to invis the adversary. Enough all stop / all follow me spam and a few seconds between melee/attack last should do it as well.

Fwerp
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Upcoming Patch

Post by Fwerp »

I just tried playing with the action delay. It does not seem that far off at all. Criticism recanted.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Thanks for testing. It is indeed 1.0 secs in OSI code.

On the pet agression looking into this, as I stated this was a surprise to me in the last patch as well, see patch notes: http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic. ... 58#p174858
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Batlin
wobble llama
wobble llama

Post by Batlin »

What is the delay in the demo?
4 ticks. One tick being one fourth of second, could take longer depending on server-side lag.
+ORC: If you give a man a crack he'll be hungry again tomorrow, but if you teach him how to crack, he'll never be hungry again.
chumbucket: I don't collect pixels.

Never trust the client. It's in the hands of the enemy : UO Demo internals @ JoinUO