This is going to increase our accuracy 1 million-fold - BUGS

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: This is going to increase our accuracy 1 million-fold -

Post by Mens Rea »

Bump

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Mens Rea wrote:I will admit my attitude towards Kaivan was silly and misguided.

I should not have been so rude - I apologise to the board and the shard for my actions.

I was trying to get all the relevant bugs from one source into one thread - I should have been more forthcoming with this explanation and not have let my emotions take over.
Yeah you got a bit power hungry like "Woo-Ha-Ha :evil: *lightning crash* I found this site of bugs, if you cannot find what I have you contribute nothing"

In your excitement you kind of went berserker.

Chill 8)
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

how many of these bugs only existed for a really short amount of time and then were fixed
which ones do you chose to add in and which do you chose not to?
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

BlackFoot wrote:how many of these bugs only existed for a really short amount of time and then were fixed
we argue them each, after 30 pages derrick will step in and do the sensible thing while ignoring the flame wars

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

BlackFoot wrote:how many of these bugs only existed for a really short amount of time and then were fixed
I think that if it's just a silly cute bug, like the one where you drop the titled book on the npc for example, we can somewhat ignore the timeline just for the novelty of it (not that I know if this function ever changed of not, just an example); but typically any bugs that came and went are likely related to mechanics changes that effected more than just the bug itself, in which case it's important to keep consistent mechanical accuracy. Things shouldn't be designed (hacked) directly into emulating a bug when possible, it's preferable to emulate the entire mechanic that caused the bug.

The documentabion of a bug can give a great glimpse into how the entire mechanic was coded.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

uoshack.com wrote:If you have GM in hiding, snooping, stealth, and stealing, then you can open any door in the game (including player home doors) regardless of whether they are locked or not. Also, you get 10,000,000,000 gold directly deposited in your bank box everyday at server up."
What a find!

dren
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by dren »

Mens Rea wrote:Everyone knows this one, but it doesn't exist here?:
Ok here is the bug on how to steal water barrels and empty tubs. Just Pour water in them If there empty then take water out. If there full just empty them.
This is true it existed in the T2A period and I did try this here and noticed it didn't work.
Fit: Alderman, Merchants of Britannia: Proudly serving UOSA for more than 160 Sosarian years.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

dren wrote:
Mens Rea wrote:Everyone knows this one, but it doesn't exist here?:
Ok here is the bug on how to steal water barrels and empty tubs. Just Pour water in them If there empty then take water out. If there full just empty them.
This is true it existed in the T2A period and I did try this here and noticed it didn't work.
There has been talk about this one for years it seems. I don't really know why it has not been put in yet. I remember these barrels being super common. You couldn't go anywhere without seeing them all over the place around players homes.