Razor PvP vs Second Age PvP

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
inmani

Re: Razor PvP vs Second Age PvP

Post by inmani »

Menkaure wrote:
inmani wrote:
Loathed wrote:additional note here- uoassist wasn't legal during t2a. Hell many programs weren't legal then- not even macro programs
Exactly and if not for the 3rd party program "exploiters" using UOAssist and UOExtreme it's hard to say when or if OSI would have ever added a lot of the feature ideas they took and implemented from them. They were certainly heavily used though by the PVP community UOAssist wasn't free, but UOExtreme was and had more features on top of that and as a result more heavily frowned upon by OSI and the community. That said it was worth the ban risk I'd still take that risk to have the features it offered to the world of UO anyone that tried it and had a taste of it swore by it.
I was one of the few people who refused to use UOE/UOA during the banned times. A lot of my friends did. They were always amazed how good I was at dueling and fielding even tho I wasnt using either program. But, to be honest, I thought it was a lot of fun to cast a gheal or a eb or a mini heal or whatever spell then double click my heal during the cast time. Shit like that made the game fun.
The difference between using UOE or UOA and not using it back prior to OSI implementing new hot key features was a night and day difference. On top of that the difference between a thief using UOE and even one using UOA was a night and day difference let alone comparing it to a thief using just the client itself. This is after all why pretty much everything related and tied in directly with stealing was nerfed to high hell between pre-T2A and early T2A those sweeping changes didn't just materialize for no reason thieves were on par with or better than mages back then for 1 on 1 it was a complete game of chess and perfect mix of game balance between murder, thief, and lawful or honorable players. You could also chug greater heal potions then with bows and heavy crossbows as well at that point in time!

Freight Elevator

Re: Razor PvP vs Second Age PvP

Post by Freight Elevator »

tldr
Lambo wrote: And seriously what kinda pvper ever has a character with parry they take out into the field...... really