Pet Commands: All <target>

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Reena Dae

Re: Pet Commands: All <target>

Post by Reena Dae »

A conversation during character creation:
Me: Do you think I should use my old character name..?
Him: I think you overestimate how famous you are. I doubt anyone remembers you anymore.

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

You just might become the hero of all the tamers.

I have never once given up the good fight, or believed for even a moment that it did not work.

I had searched the internet for more hours for a shred of proof. If the nay say'ers cannot accept every single "Tamer main" Player from Era saying it worked becuase they remember it working, perhaps he will believe the person where 90% of the information pertaining to taming comes from.

This could quite possibly be the best day ever!
[broken image]

Arsen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arsen »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpmgBMWd2EA
this was also era accurate

jkn, but i played also since 98 and i can tell u the all kill etc commands worked.
it wasnt like here right now. and i have no tamer just want to say: MAKE IT ERA ACCURATE FOR THE LEET TAMERS OF T2A.
maybe i would create a tamer
[22:00:50] <@Dupre> arsen isnt raging, hes jsut german, it just sounds taht way
[22:00:58] <@Dupre> hes actually very calm and gentle
[22:03:54] <@Dupre> arsen is also the best player here

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Reena Dae wrote:The "all kill [target]" worked until it was disabled to fix the bug, so it was part of T2A for the time period you are looking to reproduce. It worked in the buggy fashion for T2A, was disabled after UO:R, and later re-enabled but only a single pet would follow the order.
Calm down people.

Reena is saying what Derrick is saying. It "worked" in the bugged sense during T2A. Then it didn't do anything at all. The way in which it functions here is what it did well after T2A.

So, again... exactly what Derrick is saying. Though it would surely be a nice little nest egg to start off here with a couple castle deeds upon logging in :-)

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Well even if it was a bug, it's the same caliber bug that our " all follow me" stamina bug fits in. So if it's an era accurate bug, it should definitely be here.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Reena Dae

Post by Reena Dae »

It's not my call whether or not the bug should be added. To be era accurate, yes. I don't know why anyone would want this added since all it will allow you to do is get yourself killed by accident.

I learned about this bug the hard way while selling horses before I got my GM. I must have accidentally hit my "all kill" macro and canceled it, but the queued commands were still there. When I went to transfer, the horse attacked the buyer and I got guard whacked.
A conversation during character creation:
Me: Do you think I should use my old character name..?
Him: I think you overestimate how famous you are. I doubt anyone remembers you anymore.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

That just makes it sound so much more awesome somehow.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

Like i ever bring tameables into town anyway =p
[broken image]

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

Any statement from Derrick on this one? I've only fought for this tooth and nail for the last year and a half =p

Or atleast faust? i would love to see him spin his previous "no tekai you're wrong go away"

=)
[broken image]

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

tekai wrote:Any statement from Derrick on this one? I've only fought for this tooth and nail for the last year and a half =p

Or atleast faust? i would love to see him spin his previous "no tekai you're wrong go away"

=)
What are you campaigning for here? A bug that will get you randomly guard whacked? Sounds like a cool thing to rally for, for a year and a half.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

No, All kill worked, only it que'd the commands so if i said "all kill" but canceled the target, and then healed myself I would die.

This totally makes sense and I remember getting attacked by my own pets if I wasn't careful

but if im not a fool, and don't bring my pets into town or cancel the target cursor i will be fine.
[broken image]

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

tekai wrote:No, All kill worked, only it que'd the commands so if i said "all kill" but canceled the target, and then healed myself I would die.

This totally makes sense and I remember getting attacked by my own pets if I wasn't careful

but if im not a fool, and don't bring my pets into town or cancel the target cursor i will be fine.
You realise noone is actually saying all kill worked in the sense that 5 pets would attack at once (or even by spamming last target 5 times) - still only 1 pet would attack, but you'd end up with "queued targets", but no actual target appearing for them. So the next 4 actions/spells that require targets will use those queued targets. That's a pretty bad thing in my book (and a reason to never say "all kill")
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

that is not true
[broken image]

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

tekai wrote:Any statement from Derrick on this one? I've only fought for this tooth and nail for the last year and a half =p
tekai wrote:No, All kill worked, only it que'd the commands so if i said "all kill" but canceled the target, and then healed myself I would die.
I just don't understand the reasoning on this, nothing we've read indicates this was the case. I can put quote after quote in here from era saying that all kill did not work correctly to command all your pets at once but I don't think it would be noted or responded to at all, and these things are posted elsewhere.

I would be happy to try and emulate the precise function of targeted all commands if the exact nature of the behavior could be made clear. What you have posted above flies in the face of everything from era that was ever reported.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Reena Dae wrote:
Derrick wrote:Please note the usage of the work "fixed". This was not the removal of a desired feature this was a bug that was not at all desirable. I can probably replicate this bug, but i don't know if it's something that calls for a lot of urgency.
I am the author of the Taming Archive. I started playing after T2A, roughly May/June 1999 and I got my GM Animal Taming late summer/early fall. The "all kill [target]" worked until it was disabled to fix the bug, so it was part of T2A for the time period you are looking to reproduce. It worked in the buggy fashion for T2A, was disabled after UO:R, and later re-enabled but only a single pet would follow the order.

If there's any other taming related questions relating to the time period, I can probably answer them or at least find the information in some of my archived files if I don't remember.
I think tekai is going by this , derrick.

I read it the same way he did, that the all kill we were going on about actually worked but had a deadly bug so later past our era was disabled to fix a bug.