Pet Commands: All <target>

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Faust

Re: Pet Commands: All <target>

Post by Faust »

Non-targeting pet commands were auto targets Mens.

Victor Horn

Post by Victor Horn »

I have read and read and Read, but can't find how you change your pets NAME????

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Victor Horn wrote:I have read and read and Read, but can't find how you change your pets NAME????
Click the name area on your pet's health bar and you can edit it.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Victor Horn

Post by Victor Horn »

nightshark wrote:
Victor Horn wrote:I have read and read and Read, but can't find how you change your pets NAME????
I have tried that a hundered times and I just cant do anything with it.

shuar

Post by shuar »

Victor Horn wrote:
nightshark wrote:

Drag health bar.

Click on a letter of the name (usually you will want the last letter) inside health bar you should see it underline the letter. backspace/delete to clear name, type in new name.

Victor Horn

Post by Victor Horn »

shuar wrote:
Victor Horn wrote:
nightshark wrote:

Drag health bar.

Click on a letter of the name (usually you will want the last letter) inside health bar you should see it underline the letter. backspace/delete to clear name, type in new name.
Ok I will try that tonight to see what happens.. Thanks

Stranger

Post by Stranger »

:shock:
[01:12:32] <Nevermore> Stranger you are the reason I hate christmas
[01:12:36] <Nevermore> You specifically
[01:12:44] <Nevermore> Every year? Christmas sucks. Because of Stranger

Quin the Wretch
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Quin the Wretch »

Kaivan wrote:As far as any information regarding all [target] commands suggests, the command worked like this during T2A:

A player controls 3 cats. Each cat is given a name; a, b, and c respectively. The player says all kill and targets a rat. The server processes the command and stores the values like this:

c kill
b kill
a kill <--- target cursor is up for this pet

The tamer then clicks on the rat and a begins to attack the rat.

Later on, the tamer decides to cast night sight on themselves. They cast the spell and receive the cursor. Instead of targeting for the spell being cast, the server does this:

c kill
b kill <--- server processes this stored command in place of the command being given

In this instance, the next queued command is executed and b attacks the tamer (in the instance of casting a spell, this may also leave a spell in limbo where it is ready to be targeted but is unable to be targeted resulting in the "You are already casting a spell." bug, but this is not necessarily certain).

Finally, the tamer decides to heal another pet using veterinary. When the tamer targets with the bandages, instead of beginning a veterinary attempt, this is done:

c kill <---- server processes the final stored command.

In this case, the final cat, c, will attack the pet that the tamer was attempting to heal (unless it is himself).

In this way, the server "stores" commands and will use them up one by one in place of the normally expected target command for each pet until it runs out of stored commands to execute.
haha whats funny about all this is I always thought pre pub 16 drags/mares were just coded to be ornery! and it was a bug all along lol! Bless Osi and their half done shite
"I really need to increase my knowledgment" -anonymous

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Quin the Wretch wrote:
Kaivan wrote:As far as any information regarding all [target] commands suggests, the command worked like this during T2A:

A player controls 3 cats. Each cat is given a name; a, b, and c respectively. The player says all kill and targets a rat. The server processes the command and stores the values like this:

c kill
b kill
a kill <--- target cursor is up for this pet

The tamer then clicks on the rat and a begins to attack the rat.

Later on, the tamer decides to cast night sight on themselves. They cast the spell and receive the cursor. Instead of targeting for the spell being cast, the server does this:

c kill
b kill <--- server processes this stored command in place of the command being given

In this instance, the next queued command is executed and b attacks the tamer (in the instance of casting a spell, this may also leave a spell in limbo where it is ready to be targeted but is unable to be targeted resulting in the "You are already casting a spell." bug, but this is not necessarily certain).

Finally, the tamer decides to heal another pet using veterinary. When the tamer targets with the bandages, instead of beginning a veterinary attempt, this is done:

c kill <---- server processes the final stored command.

In this case, the final cat, c, will attack the pet that the tamer was attempting to heal (unless it is himself).

In this way, the server "stores" commands and will use them up one by one in place of the normally expected target command for each pet until it runs out of stored commands to execute.
haha whats funny about all this is I always thought pre pub 16 drags/mares were just coded to be ornery! and it was a bug all along lol! Bless Osi and their half done shite
If this is the case, then couldn't you just say all kill, target a target, then use a dagger on the target repeatedly to get the other pets to attack at 1 second intervals?

2Cents

Post by 2Cents »

I don't understand why poeple here make such a big deal about this bug. It wasn't a problem at all during this time. It was just a small bug, and genrally speaking, taming behavior certainly did not come from that single bug as it seam to be in this shard. When i was a noob, and was trying all the skills ingame, i began taming pack of wolfs and bears i recall such power in my noobs hands, and i happened to have problems with this bug and having pets attacking me few rare times. Also i'm 100% confident the bug wasn't even repeatable, the only thing we knew is that it was targeting queue related, thats all. I think the guy here just posted a possible explanation, thats all, but as i said i remmeber refuting them because the bug wasn't repeatable. So i went and ask one of my friend running on mares and asked him how he was doing. He just told me, if you really want to use the all commands, don't heal self or pets, thats all. And he told me, don't use "all command" its fucked nobody use it anyway (which was true), make 3 pets macros for each of your main pets and hot key them "petname commands" and use those. I had hot keyed f1 to f4 and alt ctrl shift for them all... to cover my needs.

Nobody used all command at that time, we all used petnames commands. All kill was a panic command for pvp only. All kill definitly worked during all my gaming, in the sense that they would send all the pet at the same time. But since i didn't used it much maybe i missed the bug here, but i just don't beleive it, if it happen it was before i ever played. For the record i used to cut my death robes for bandage, it was a saver, i never had to go to bank for my ghost runs, i had the newbe sisor and the death robes, and it was enough most of the time to recover you corps belongings.

Also i have to add that people seam to mix up the harsh loyalty check you had on high end pet and the bug, we talk about dragon kinds here. Before GM you would fail command more than succeed (from loyalty point of view) this mean you had to feed them all the time or they would go wild, i remember never going hunting elemental because those had no meat to feed the drag with even if they were easy gold, easier than elder gazer, dragons and all those semi high end mobs you hunt usually with tamers. This mean you had to repeat the commands often and would have to be causious about this or they would go wild. Only at GM they wouldn't go wild from pure loyalty fail checks i think so you didn't had to be that carefull about fail commands and loyalty level all the time. But they still wouldn't listen quiet often, maybe once every 5/10 command, at low skill it was more like 1/3 1/4 failed. You couldn't go out without raw meat for sure, i used to have 50 if i recall well (quiet a load in your pack so you could hunt that much because of this)and checked them as you check regs at each hunt. A failed command would lower loyalty, a success would up it, thus the need for meat. I think only at Gm the % was high enough to not have your drags go wild if you never feed the drags, but it could still happen i think if the fail where all in raws, but it was just very rare. In anycase hunting with dragons, you would focus more on them than the mobs lol at that time, they where really dangerous beast to handle. Also when those where fighting each other from mass curse (this hapened quiet often one every 3 hunt i'll say) it was a pain to split them, sometime they would fight to death, i remember managing to split them the last minute quiet a few times, it was alway a scary moment. A failed check would make then wander at walk pace, but if a succeed command was made before. If you ordered to kill and failed thepet would wander, but if you succeed a kill command, then failed the same kill command from spamming, it would go to the kill. You also would never vet them like post UOR, sticking to them all the time my ass, they would masss curse you and kill you in 2 hits, you had to wait for them to stop fighting, then vet. I also think they were lot stronger at that time than post UOR. I also took provo on my tamer for this reason, i could just provo on them so that poison, and explo spells would be over writed by the provo, spliting thme was so much easier with provo. Then i just went barding, was so much more fun.

Anyway i hope you got a sense of how taming was at that time, at least thats how i recall it. And the way it was certainly wasn't due to a bug. It was mainly due to : loyalty checks, and you can see on the patch note this is a main focus. They raised the minimal requirement to control dragon kinds, this fucked a lot of template having 40 taming (i think or 60 im not sure) to control the mares to follow, or something like this, but i'm not sure i wasn't one of those template. But ye lot would only be able to have their old mare post patch, and could never control them again. And they fucked the casting also, i think mass curse was taken from their spell list a bit after the patch, but not long after. In anycase dragin kinds became totally dump and predictable, fucking way to fix problems, but ye they definitly fixed the op pvp all kill tamers for sure... I mean don't any of you guys remember luring the tamer drag to some gates, mass cursing his drag and all this when the guy was spaming all kill, and have all his drag on your ass. It just seam strange people here talk about evidence, i mean did any of you played a tamer to need any kind of "evidence". Tamer weren't spa,,ing the command because only one would follow it, they were spamming it because quiet a few time they just didn't give a fuck about what the tamer asked and went wandering lol. So the tamer had to spam "all skill" and all follow. Also during pvp teh drag and you laways had quiet a distance to chase the pvper, so having a pet turn on you wasn't ever a problem, you would just spam more. Also non gm taming would end up with a wild dragon because of loyalty often, pvper would like this. Some guys sued to hunt tamers and only do that, some just hated them, it was a real chalange for them. It was op you need a good coordination and at least 2/3 pks to kill a good tamer who knows how to pvp. Some tamers where red pks also.

Hope this can help you making the shard more era accurate.

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

WALL OF TEXT

tl;dr

srs. wtf.

write less plz

2Cents

Post by 2Cents »

Panthor the Hated wrote:WALL OF TEXT

tl;dr

srs. wtf.

write less plz
it wasn't for you anyway, but the guys making the shard, so you didn't miss anything really, also sorry for the bad english.

OK i'll edit to give you a tl;dr, at that time pet behavior and mostly dragon kinds behavior related to all command didn't came from the targeting queue bug, this was easy to avoid as said in the post, but from loyalty check failing a lot. Thats the main point of my post.

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

Good to know!

Naljier

Post by Naljier »

I agree that controlling dragons was alot harder on live back in the day than here. Thats excactly why we never used more than 2 or 3 dragons at a time. And always had macros with thier names on it. This "all sh*t" with 40 dragons was just not good enough, they simply wouldnt listen well enough".

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

I only saw 3 tamers on all of napa valley during age...yet EVERYONE had a tamer when it comes to "this isn't accurate". Seriously, maybe 1 out of 5 of you had a tamer.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson