All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules


Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Dragon Loot inaccuracies
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:37 pm 
Offline
User Rep: Unsung
 Profile

Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:22 pm
Posts: 11
Hello Everyone.

Enjoying the server thus far, but have a couple small gripes. As I'm sure everyone "claims". I am a UO player from release to about 2003, and have noticed many inaccuracies for the era this server is trying to copy. I am slowly compiling a list, but I'll start with Dragon loot found within Destard.

Currently Drakes and Dragons drop incorrect loot values, and a few incorrect items.

Dragons never have, even today on OSI, drop scrolls for loot.
The Gold value is also incorrect. Unfortunately Web archive has lost some pages my friend and I used to get all the correct loot values for PRE:UOR. I did however find Loot values for the Year 2000, which proves the gold value to be incorrect. It was probably higher then this number, but this is the only proof I have since the other pages going back no longer exist.

I do know for 1000% for sure, the current gold values used (700ish) for dragons drop has NEVER been that low. I don't even think it is that low on OSI today despite loot decrease to slow inflation.


Correct Dragon Loot Information Below.
Dragons: 1200 to 1400 gold, Gems, Magic items, 19 Raw Ribs (carved), 20 Hides (carved)
http://web.archive.org/web/20000818120339/http://uo.stratics.com/hunters/

Correct Drake Loot Information Below.
Drakes: 200 to 250 gold, Gems, Garlic, Scrolls, Magic Weapons, 10 Raw Ribs (carved), 20 Hides (carved)
http://web.archive.org/web/20000818120339/http://uo.stratics.com/hunters/

Correct White Wyrm Loot Information Below.
White Wyrm: 600 to 1400 gold, Gems
http://web.archive.org/web/20000818120339/http://uo.stratics.com/hunters/


My memory is rusty, but I believe Dragon gold loot values back in T2A were above something like 1400gp-2200gp. Unfortunately that information isn't available. The 1200gp-1400gp was likely lowered to slow inflation, but definitely proves the current loot on dragons is way off.

Thanks, hope to see this information updated on the server soon.


Top
 
These Support SecondAge
Links open a new window.
UOSA Donors & Subscribers do not receive these ads.

 Post subject: Re: Dragon Loot inaccuracies
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:04 am 
Offline
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!
User Rep: Good
Good
 Profile

Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:44 pm
Posts: 4607
Cocky, I love it.

Dragons in 1999 had the loot you see on this server; it was raised in 2000 I believe as part of the UOR changes, or thereabouts.

I double-checked all loot values against 1999 (not 2000) Stratics archives back when they were available:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=21687&p=191307#p191330

All discrepancies are noted in that thread. Spoiler alert: there weren't many.

_________________
Tips & Tricks
Tips & Tricks pt. 2
Animal Taming
Healing
Weapon Basics


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Dragon Loot inaccuracies
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:21 am 
Offline
User Rep: Unsung
 Profile

Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:22 pm
Posts: 11
The thread you listed is pretty useless. As the link you provided does not contain Dragon loot information. If you actually went to your link, you will notice

"Hrm.
Wayback Machine doesn't have that page archived. It doesn't seem to be available on the live web, either.
Want to search for all archived pages under "

When clicking on "Dragon".

Hence why I posted 2000 information for Dragon loot tables as I cannot find them earlier then that.

OSI increasing gold drop values during UOR launch, I highly doubt that.

So you are suggesting "Just take my word for it". I know these values are incorrect. When my friend and I built the Free Shard Legacy (BajaX) (this was before UOSA Shard existed) we had compiled a full list of all loot tables for all creatures for our PREUOR server. We still have that list, and it does not support your "findings".


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Dragon Loot inaccuracies
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:10 am 
Offline
User Rep: Fair
 Profile

Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:52 pm
Posts: 418
Location: United States
I love people pointing out inaccuracies and bringing proof along with it,

This server has lots of examples of changes made because of this and UOSA has a lot of integrity in my book. Just try other servers and you will see :)

_________________
Catskills 97-99


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Dragon Loot inaccuracies
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:07 am 
Offline
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
User avatar
User Rep: Good
Good
 Profile

Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:30 pm
Posts: 1391
Location: Dennis, Strongbadia
2000 is not an early enough page for UOSA to take what it says as a reason to change anything. The cutoff date for the shard is Nov. 99, so you will have to find something from then or before for your argument to hold water here.

_________________
Visit my shop in Yew! First house west of Yew Moongate, always stocked!
http://forums.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=64975


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Dragon Loot inaccuracies
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:45 am 
Offline
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!
User Rep: Good
Good
 Profile

Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:44 pm
Posts: 4607
Victor: prove me wrong. As I mentioned, I went through this a year or two ago pretty meticulously, when there was data from 1999 available at archive.org. Don't talk trash and denigrate my hard work because you've done four minutes of research on a web page that's not relevant to our time frame.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.game ... ff799ab951
July 7, 2000 wrote:
Well...for about 100 gold in regs (rough estimate) a properly situated mage can
solo a dragon....netting the 800 or so gold all for him/herself.

July 8, 2000 wrote:
Dragon loot is up since the last patch, 1,500-2,000 gold plus gems and
sometimes magical items.

_________________
Tips & Tricks
Tips & Tricks pt. 2
Animal Taming
Healing
Weapon Basics


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Dragon Loot inaccuracies
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:37 am 
Offline
User Rep: Unsung
 Profile

Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:22 pm
Posts: 11
Mikel123 wrote:
Victor: prove me wrong. As I mentioned, I went through this a year or two ago pretty meticulously, when there was data from 1999 available at archive.org. Don't talk trash and denigrate my hard work because you've done four minutes of research on a web page that's not relevant to our time frame.


4 minutes of research? Buddy I was researching and helping my friend create an era accurate PREUOR realm before UOSA even existed, let alone before you even "had a look and compiled your list". I spent years, longer then u have probably played UO as a whole working with Free Shards. So before you claim I am "denigrating" your work. You might want to know someone's history before making such comments.

BTW Thanks for posting a link that supports my post that Dragons do not drop scrolls. A loot increase doesn't support your or mine theory, as it could be an increase for 50gp or 1000gp, which I doubt it would be a drastic increase non-the less. If anything this information supports my findings and estimates. However I will try and hunt down the concrete evidence required.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Dragon Loot inaccuracies
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:27 am 
Offline
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
User avatar
User Rep: Good
Good
 Profile

Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:30 pm
Posts: 1391
Location: Dennis, Strongbadia
1000gp per dragon would be a big increase around here. And thanks for the continued lack of proof for your cause, please find some of this data you insist exists which points towards the dragon loot being drastically wrong.

_________________
Visit my shop in Yew! First house west of Yew Moongate, always stocked!
http://forums.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=64975


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Dragon Loot inaccuracies
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:42 am 
Offline
User Rep: Kind
 Profile

Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:26 pm
Posts: 1804
fox_phyre wrote:
1000gp per dragon would be a big increase around here. And thanks for the continued lack of proof for your cause, please find some of this data you insist exists which points towards the dragon loot being drastically wrong.

if what he was saying was true the entire loot table would be off on all the high end spawn WW, balrons ,ice fiends ,daemons, elder gazers, poison elemental 's, bloods cyclops and titans and i seriously doubt they were that high. i hate to say it but "i don't remember them being that high " does come to mind then again we all know that's worth nothing ,but i am sure majority of the people feel this way to many times when people "remember something" it was post our target date / early uor or just a uor change.
That sure seems to be the case on this one, at least know nothing will be changed til solid evidence supporting these wild claims is provided. That sure would be a big increase as well like we really need even more gold dropping around her.

_________________
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Dragon Loot inaccuracies
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:04 am 
Offline
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!
User Rep: Good
Good
 Profile

Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:44 pm
Posts: 4607
Victor, I'm sorry you're taking this personally.

You said that dragons never dropped 700ish gold; I just showed you a quote from 2000 referencing the fact that they used to drop around 800, then their loot was increased. And I'm not sure how you can think it was possibly increased by 50gp when the thread I quoted has both the before and after estimates in there.

Not sure what else I can tell you. Again, prove me wrong. I'd love to be wrong about this; it would make our shard more accurate if you found better info. I'm begging you to prove me wrong, for myself and everyone here. Please prove me wrong.

_________________
Tips & Tricks
Tips & Tricks pt. 2
Animal Taming
Healing
Weapon Basics


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Dragon Loot inaccuracies
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:46 am 
Offline
User avatar
User Rep: Honest
Honest
 Profile

Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:34 pm
Posts: 4097
Victor Cassella wrote:
I do know for 1000% for sure, the current gold values used (700ish) for dragons drop has NEVER been that low.


Victor Cassella wrote:
My memory is rusty



you disproved your own knowledge source in the same post.

staff is great about making changes, but they don't go off of memory from one person. if you find good proof, they'll gladly take a look at it.

as it stands, mikel has better proof right now though

_________________
Image
RoadKill wrote:
"cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.

The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Dragon Loot inaccuracies
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
User Rep: Trustworthy
Trustworthy
 Profile

Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:19 pm
Posts: 5754
Location: New Windmere
If this was true, Destard would be the place to be!!

Farmers, pk's, anti-pk's, thieves...everyone and their mother would be there!!

_________________
Image
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Dragon Loot inaccuracies
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
User Rep: Fair
 Profile

Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:01 pm
Posts: 6247
Mikel wrapped this thread up.

/end thread

_________________
mYm - Red Knees & Great Suction Capacity

8D - SoN's of SmackiniT - 8D


Top
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 31 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Support Second Age: These links Open in a New Window

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Extended by Karma MOD © 2007—2012 m157y