get rid of the light level filter on razor

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Kilnem
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

get rid of the light level filter on razor

Post by Kilnem »

i don't think this is era accurate...let's see some in lor on this server! i remember lighting being a somewhat important part of the game...and maybe make nightsight potions more useful? prob not...but still.
Avoiding conflict since 99'

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: get rid of the light level filter on razor

Post by nightshark »

not possible without forcing people to use razor

there are many threads on this
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

We would need a custom razor client.

I would love this because it would allow us to fix a couple of things that really fuck up when you wine razor.

The douchebags who develop razor will not release the source code, because the dude who wrote razor asserted "it was dangerous for UO if the razor source was made available".

PS the old dev that wrote razor no longer is involved with the project.
Last edited by son on Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

son wrote:The douchebags who develop razor will not release the source code, because the dude who wrote razor asserted "it was dangerous for UO if the razor source was made available".
Dangerous??
|| Atx Mini Mall | Atraxi's Great Real Estate ||

IRC: Atraxi on @#bpd +#NEW #SecondAge #C^V

<GreenPlastic> I want Five Guys inside me right now
Millerisfuntoplay wrote:Atraxi pwned me =(

Bert
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Bert »

Verrrry dangerous. The source code for Razor would be like an Injection nightmare all over again- hacking would be easy as one two three, and litterally- it would be THAT easy.
I love the smell of napalm in the morning.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Bert wrote:Verrrry dangerous. The source code for Razor would be like an Injection nightmare all over again- hacking would be easy as one two three, and litterally- it would be THAT easy.
No, it would be a nightmare for amateur admins running servers.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Im sure the razor source code is locked down like Fort Knox
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Biohazard
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Biohazard »

son wrote:Im sure the razor source code is locked down like Fort Knox
i heard it was actually IN fort knox

goldendog
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by goldendog »

If you could, i think it would be great. I never use the light filter to increase my "oldschool experience". But every time i cast In Lor on myself people laugh at me and ask if i have razor.

benny-

Post by benny- »

The issue of third party features has been brought up time and time again....I had always hoped it would become a larger priority here as much of the era accurate limitations and mechanics put into place here are overridden by the inaccurate features of Razor....Creating a slew of exploits and problems that simply were not a part of the era.

I understand why there hasn't been a change to date to limit third party features, but I still hope that one day we'll either have a new program that would only allow features used by allowed third party apps of the era, or have the same thing done by requiring (and thus restricting Razor.) To me it seems the only way of really replicating the era.
- Elisud

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

goldendog wrote:If you could, i think it would be great. I never use the light filter to increase my "oldschool experience". But every time i cast In Lor on myself people laugh at me and ask if i have razor.
lol, noob :P
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

goldendog
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by goldendog »

Indeed :cry:

Sinatra SUN-FoW

Post by Sinatra SUN-FoW »

I developed a program currently that runs on Parallel on my Macintosh Intel. It removes the packets sent out and over-rides the nightsight filter. However it does require you to run Razor and Lights Off (my programs name) not sure how much that would catch on though because we know night-sight is practically a cheat in my opinion and no-one could technically be forced to use it. I use my program to block those particular packets however.

P.S. I hacked the Razor.exe itself and disabled the radio button for Night-sight to be turned off. If Derrik is interested well then, that's the solution. Again it doesn't stop people from using the non-modded Razor that will disable night-sight.
Exaggerated Personalities for Exaggerated Times

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Then your mod is pretty pointless. You might as well just uncheck the box and use the spell..
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Sinatra SUN-FoW

Post by Sinatra SUN-FoW »

Sandro wrote:Then your mod is pretty pointless. You might as well just uncheck the box and use the spell..

Well I don't see you doing anything about it - but you are right it is pointless and it pisses me off. And that's exactly why UO will never be the classic dream it once was, cause of pathetic shortcuts.
Last edited by Sinatra SUN-FoW on Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Exaggerated Personalities for Exaggerated Times