Shout System

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Sacredhymn

Shout System

Post by Sacredhymn »

I think that there should be a Shout style system with like a 20 min text spacing. this would help the community by giving more of a merchant feel, selling like 500 logs for 5k or something. We should really think about this one. I think it would help =)
thanks, Silvio

skyfire

Post by skyfire »

Or how about a message board on the brit bank outside wall?
c:\dos
c:\dos\run
run\dos\run

skyfire

A conversation snippet we just had in IRC....

Post by skyfire »

<Nevermore> Sky, what do you think of an in-game bartering board. Possibly just encouraging use of the current bulletin board system
<Nevermore> Could post a "s> small dragon ship 7k" bulletin
<Nevermore> Although it'd be hard for people to get into contact with the sellers or buyers, since people are often on at different times
<Skyfire> I was thinking why not just put a message board on the brit bank?
<Nevermore> Maybe we could make a message system, you post it at a bartering place, near a bank maybe. And people can leave messages
<Skyfire> yea, a message board :)
<Skyfire> you can post replys to their messages
<Nevermore> Maybe even a communal vendor. That anyone can add stuff to, and then when someone buys it, you can return and collect your money
<Nevermore> Although that's a bit reaching =P
<Nevermore> And probably too much work
<Skyfire> that would be pretty nice though, if that then just design an auction system
<Nevermore> Oh, yeah, that could work
<Nevermore> Could make an auctioneer
<Skyfire> you see the auction npc, add an item, 10% of the items sale is kept as a posting fee
<Nevermore> Probably have it so the seller can set a minimum
<Nevermore> And maybe a 'buy it now' price too
<Skyfire> ya
<Skyfire> hardest part would be designing the gump
<Skyfire> whats even better is that if you do it like that then you can easily make it work with my.uosecondage.com
c:\dos
c:\dos\run
run\dos\run

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Yes, that's a great idea, and I like the idea of integrating it with the website.

We could have a seperate bazzar board in each town.

I'd like to take some more feedback on this but I'm certainly interested.

Jew of Yew

Post by Jew of Yew »

skyfire wrote:Or how about a message board on the brit bank outside wall?
I like this idea better because it keeps the traditional T2A feel.

ecetres
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ecetres »

IRC is good for real time stuff like that, though its hard to monitor and play at the same time

ripbumbc

Re: Shout System

Post by ripbumbc »

how about a auctioner and set time limit to 6hrs so people can bid intil limit is up????

DemonArkanis

Re: Shout System

Post by DemonArkanis »

ripbumbc wrote:how about a auctioner and set time limit to 6hrs so people can bid intil limit is up????
how about stop coming up with stupid things to change t2a. This isn't AOS

Derrick

Re:

Post by Derrick »

ecetres wrote:IRC is good for real time stuff like that, though its hard to monitor and play at the same time
I keep my irc window short at the bottom of the screen with the uo client above. My resolution is 1600x1200 and there's plenty of room for both.

ecetres
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Re:

Post by ecetres »

Derrick wrote:
ecetres wrote:IRC is good for real time stuff like that, though its hard to monitor and play at the same time
I keep my irc window short at the bottom of the screen with the uo client above. My resolution is 1600x1200 and there's plenty of room for both.

Why didnt I think of that
Guerrilla wrote:
i know i cry alot.... its only because i suck, and I'm going to uninstall UO as you read this