Evil Mage robe colors in Fire Dungeon

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Reena Dae

Evil Mage robe colors in Fire Dungeon

Post by Reena Dae »

I used to be a very fashionable tamer, and one of my favorite dresses was crafted from some cloth that is the same hue as Nightmares. I've been told this color of cloth is rare on this shard, but it shouldn't be. It just happened to be rare during the time period because no one knew where to get it. If unraveling is on the shard, then this cloth should be as plentiful as the players desire it to be.

The Evil Mages inside Fire Dungeon are spawning with the wrong colored robes. They are currently spawning with robes in various shades of blue, but they are only supposed to spawn in 4 shades of blue-grey. The lightest shade is noticably lighter than the others, while the middle shades are so close that if they didn't stack separately, you probably wouldn't notice much difference. The deepest color, the color of nightmares, was the rarest color of robe that spawned. I don't have any screenshots of the mages themselves wearing the robes, but I do have a few screenshots of clothing fashioned from unraveled robes.

The darkest color of robe was removed from the Evil Mages at some point, probably when they deleted a bunch of colors for a few other things (nightmares, wyrms, etc.). They did exist during the T2A era, and that's how I got it.
Attachments
Second darkest shade(?), plain dress
Second darkest shade(?), plain dress
gmtaming2.png (159.82 KiB) Viewed 6005 times
Still the same dress as above on a different character?
Still the same dress as above on a different character?
gmtailoring.jpg (107.56 KiB) Viewed 6005 times
Darkest shade, various pieces
Darkest shade, various pieces
reena.jpg (91.99 KiB) Viewed 6005 times
Darkest shade, plain dress and hat (not that the blue dragon is played by a Seer, so it has to be during 1999 before they were eliminated).
Darkest shade, plain dress and hat (not that the blue dragon is played by a Seer, so it has to be during 1999 before they were eliminated).
katazar3.jpg (79.94 KiB) Viewed 5964 times
A conversation during character creation:
Me: Do you think I should use my old character name..?
Him: I think you overestimate how famous you are. I doubt anyone remembers you anymore.

Haart-Napa

Re: Evil Mage robe colors in Fire Dungeon

Post by Haart-Napa »

I was just reading your sig, I remember you well from napa.. you would probably remember me as devil man. Good to see you here.

I also remember the mages spawning these color robes.
Smoke weed everyday!

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

I remember these hues but cannot really comment on the time-frame in which I used the same method to acquire it.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

It was called charcoal cloth, and later became a BOD reward.

Reena Dae

Post by Reena Dae »

MatronDeWinter wrote:It was called charcoal cloth, and later became a BOD reward.
The one pictured here? Or did you mean that they added it as a reward after the BOD system was in place. That color there is not the same hue. Judging from my inventory and what I'm wearing, it looks like it might be Test Center.
Attachments
specialcolors.jpg
specialcolors.jpg (106.55 KiB) Viewed 5937 times
A conversation during character creation:
Me: Do you think I should use my old character name..?
Him: I think you overestimate how famous you are. I doubt anyone remembers you anymore.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I don't know if the hue is identical, but they definately stole the name "charcoal" from the playerbase inventing it via cutting mage cloth.

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

Yea I remember evil mage robes, cut em and make clothing into it.

It's DEFINETLY from the t2a era. They were the hardest color to obtain over black in t2a.

Doesn't anyone else remember it?

Evil mage cloth was also called "necro cloth" in t2a. It was expensive and banksitters/tamers were especially seen wearing it. Collecting it at the evil mage tower in t2a meant encountering nonstop pks.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Sometimes I feel like I was not playing the same game as all of you in 1999... amazing that it offers so much to do.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Mikel123 wrote:Sometimes I feel like I was not playing the same game as all of you in 1999... amazing that it offers so much to do.
+1
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

Mikel123 wrote:Sometimes I feel like I was not playing the same game as all of you in 1999... amazing that it offers so much to do.
That's because reality is subjective. This holds true for a sandbox MMORPG especially = )

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Doing some research on both the stratics archives from 2002 for stats, the patch notes, and the demo files, I've found some information regarding evil mages.

First off, the stats displayed on the late 2002 archives display approximate numbers that correlate rather well with the values displayed in the template files.

Secondly, the patch notes display some information that shows that evil mages once spawned somewhat different loot than they did during UOR. This is indicated by this late T2A patch information:
March 9, 2000 wrote:NPC shopkeepers will no longer have colored sandals. Evil NPC Mages will carry these items.
This change marked the end of the 50k blue sandals that had been very popular throughout T2A. This change also carried the introduction of blue robes onto evil NPC mage lords. This UOR screenshot shows a dead evil mage lord in the lower section of the screen that is wearing a blue robe.

Thus, before this point, evil NPC mage lords did not carry blue sandals, nor did they carry blue robes. Upon investigation in to the demo files, I was able to find these pieces of information regarding evil mages:

Code: Select all

# Evil Mage   Difficulty 6
<eq           robe red_colors 1>
<eq           sandals 0 0 1>
This is information related to evil npc mage lords:

Code: Select all

# Evil Mage Boss   Difficulty 9
<eq           robe 1106 1109 1>
<eq           sandals 0 0 1>
From this information (and other information in the files), we can confirm a few things for T2A evil NPC mages:
  • All evil NPC mages were male (small point but interesting to say the least).
  • Regular evil NPC mages were weaker and always wore a red robe and uncolored sandals.
  • Evil mage lords always wore a dark hued robe, either 1106 or 1109, and uncolored sandals.
So, in the end, we have a confirmation that they did indeed spawn evil mage colors during T2A, and exactly what colors they were.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Begins hoarding blue sandals.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

New hotspot!

Snowman

Post by Snowman »

I remember the dark robe colors spawning during T2A on evil mages as well. I also remember only obtaining this during T2A, because UO:R made the mages stop spawning the darker colors.

I would love to see the dark robes spawn here. On Napa Valley during T2A a lot of PKs/PVPers would fight in that color.

I am pretty sure this last post about the non colored sandals not being on evil mages is right. I do know for a fact that this was the only way to obtain the robes/cloth though.
New Vent Info:
IP:uosa.puddleboy.com
port:4490
Need a channel? Fill out the information here: http://secondage.puddleboy.com

caveman

Post by caveman »

Reena Dae wrote:they are only supposed to spawn in 4 shades of blue-grey.
Correct. This is how it was for most of t2a, definately november '99.