Mare Spawns,

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.

How should Mares spawn?

Leave it the way it is
24%
I like your suggestion
28%
I like your suggestion but don't think it would work
3%
I'd like something more Era Accurate
45%

Total votes: 75

Stranger

Re: Mare Spawns,

Post by Stranger »

Im pretty sure right now 90% of the mares are being collected by 2 or 3 people. I know I myself used to be a mare hoarded, and had unbelievable masses of mares last time I played here. Lost interest in it but I put in a ton of work for those mares, as im sure whoever is hoarding them now is doing. Personally, I would like to see them random spawn in t2a, and be a lot rarer. Like, 1/day ish.
[01:12:32] <Nevermore> Stranger you are the reason I hate christmas
[01:12:36] <Nevermore> You specifically
[01:12:44] <Nevermore> Every year? Christmas sucks. Because of Stranger

Sexy Smithy

Post by Sexy Smithy »

I could care less about the rarity of nightmares, but I would definitely like to see the spawn area more varied...and as such, less camped. If they're gonna be illusive, make it so they're illusive from spawning in random spots and not because someone is camping them and hording them....
Special Projects Minion.

Omnicron

Post by Omnicron »

Stranger wrote:I would like to see them random spawn in t2a, and be a lot rarer. Like, 1/day ish.
This would be less era accurate then what it already is. 1 a day, What is the sence in even being a tamer then?

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Omnicron wrote:
Stranger wrote:I would like to see them random spawn in t2a, and be a lot rarer. Like, 1/day ish.
This would be less era accurate then what it already is. 1 a day, What is the sence in even being a tamer then?
Making mass amounts of gold?
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Omnicron

Post by Omnicron »

Farming gets old. Alot more than 3 people watch for mares. They should be as common as dragons or wyrms.

Sexy Smithy

Post by Sexy Smithy »

Still wondering if we could get the other nightmare spawn locations added in...
Special Projects Minion.

caveman

Post by caveman »

The spawn spots that I remember from t2a were the Oasis and far east of Delucia.

Sexy Smithy

Post by Sexy Smithy »

Is there any work being done on the mare spawns?
Special Projects Minion.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I appreciate the image you posted. There has of course been a lot of dispute on where mares spawned, and it leads to the possibility that it varied from shard to shard. The spawn blocking was indeed a function of the spawn system; and it would be nice to replicate that to some extent.

As was mentioned, there are spawn problems as well, this is perhaps something we can take a look at soon.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Sexy Smithy

Post by Sexy Smithy »

Derrick wrote:I appreciate the image you posted. There has of course been a lot of dispute on where mares spawned, and it leads to the possibility that it varied from shard to shard. The spawn blocking was indeed a function of the spawn system; and it would be nice to replicate that to some extent.
If the spawns did indeed vary from shard to shard, then it would be completely viable for us to have several spawn points for the mares without straying from era accuracy. Also, it would help to get less campable regions for the mares to spawn in. It seems that most of the regions that people remember are rather close to the same, though.
Derrick wrote:As was mentioned, there are spawn problems as well, this is perhaps something we can take a look at soon.
I think a lot of us would just like to see the mare spawn more varied as to deter ghosting and camping of spawns. Having 2 of the 3 spawn points being on just one screen makes this entirely too easy to ghost and camp. Having these 2 spawn points the same chance as the overland spawns makes them even more campable.

Simply changing the spawn points to make it so that those 2 points are a rare chance for spawning a mare would help alleviate this problem. Putting the majority of the spawn chances in the overland spawn areas keeps them from being camped, and allows more of the players a fair shake.
Special Projects Minion.

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

Old topic, but looking through it reminded me of some of these old spawns. Did we ever find any info on the other spawn locations? I know that we are missing spots on this server, I just don't have a web link to back it up. Anybody have any new "old" info on this subject?
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

Kordavox

Post by Kordavox »

**bump**

I'd like to see more mares available. If we lack era accurate info on mare spawns I vote we make them more available rather than less.

Sistro Mondain

Post by Sistro Mondain »

I played on SP from the day it launched until about 2 years later when I finally got bored with UO and had to get back to the "real world" for a while.

I tamed Mares in Oasis and Cyclops Valley pretty consistently and occasionally in East Del.

I can't recall any other spots.

my $.02

:)
The Glorious Lord Sistro Mondain
Draco Paladin, BiH

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

The first nightmare I ever found was in "The Horseshoes" area of that map.
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

Teh LawL Firm

Post by Teh LawL Firm »

I played On Catskills and there used to be a Mare Spawn in Terra Keep, Where all the Avengers/Warriors etc are in the green swamp. I remember because Pvp was a blast there, people would pull mare to the pool in the next room tele port in the pool and tame and people would cast evs in there and kill everyone. Tbh I think that was the only mare spawn on the server, But that would be an awesome spot to put one, would be alot of pvp going there.
The formation of a hater's contempt commonly arises from jealously and/or resentment.