Mare Spawns,

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.

How should Mares spawn?

Leave it the way it is
24%
I like your suggestion
28%
I like your suggestion but don't think it would work
3%
I'd like something more Era Accurate
45%

Total votes: 75

The Saint

Mare Spawns,

Post by The Saint »

I've had this talk with a few tamers and it crosses my mind every time I'm out watching the 3 mare spawns.

I know the spawns we have at the moment are not 100% era accurate and there doesn't seem to be any valid info on for sure where the mares did spawn during this era so this is a suggestion another player said he/she would like and I also like this idea.

Rather than mares spawning in the 3 locations they spawn in now I'd personally rather mares have a very low % to spawn anywhere in t2a where a normal ride-able mount would. What I mean by this is if you tame or kill a ride-able mount in t2a there's a small % chance of a mare spawning in that location and only allow one or two mares to be spawned at any given time. This would make tamers work harder to find mares rather than camping the 3 locations all day since they would have to tame/kill all the mounts in hopes that a mare will spawn.

What do all of you think?

Ignignokt

Re: Mare Spawns,

Post by Ignignokt »

Where are the three places?
I only remember two. Cove and terra keep

http://uo.stratics.com/content/atlas/terathan.php
Says they spawned in the big swamp area. Don't think that ever changed.

Loathed

Post by Loathed »

actually i believe they spawn in 8 different locations, i've confirmed 5 different ones myself

The Saint

Post by The Saint »

It's been a very long time so my memory is very faded on it but I remember south of cove, north west of minoc and terra keep (Swamp areas and west most hall ways).

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

oasis & tera sanctum

cyclops valley
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Sexy Smithy

The Mare Spawn Points...

Post by Sexy Smithy »

They currently spawn in 3 areas on UO Second Age.

1.) Cyclops Valley (NW Corner)
2.) The Oasis
3.) East of Delucia

The East of Delucia area is a large area and is commonly thought of as 'multiple spots', whereas the first two are small spawn areas that are pretty specific as to where they spawn. East of Delucia is typically in the area by the "Two Bridges" east to "The Circles" and North to "The Circle". Look at a map and you can see how the 'circles' in that area are set around the spawn area.

As far as the ACTUAL spawns of Nightmares from the Era, we are missing at least 2 or 3 of them, that I am aware of, on this shard. I guess it depends on how you look at it. I also believe we are missing the Dark or "Pure" colored Nightmare with the Short Mane...but I digress.

I actually "owned" some of the nightmare spawns back in Era and the ones we have are close, but not right.

There were 2 more spawn spots that I know of for sure. One was East of the City of the Dead across the River and North of the 2 Bridges mentioned above smack dab in the middle of the T2A map from an East-West reference. The other one was by what I called The Horseshoe further East from Delucia than the East of Delucia Spawn we have here.

I have heard from multiple people that the Terra Sanctum spawn was active on other shards back in the day, but I was never able to verify it myself.

Here's a map of this shard's Spawn Areas in Red...the ones I remember in Blue...and the Terra Sanctum one in Yellow...
uo_mare_spawn.jpg
was

Safe Travels,

~Smithy
Last edited by Sexy Smithy on Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Special Projects Minion.

Omnicron

Post by Omnicron »

Spawn is slow as tortoises.
Attachments
tortoise.jpg
tortoise.jpg (41.29 KiB) Viewed 5339 times

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Would you believe it.. in 11 years of playing, that's the first time I've seen a map of T2A :s
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Sexy Smithy

Post by Sexy Smithy »

Yeah, the spawn is slow...that, and the handful of people that camp them religiously. I don't know if the Devs are trying to simulate the rarity that came about from spawn blocking, but it is pretty slow spawn. Then again, all of the spawns are slow. I remember when i'd take one off the server, there'd be another there when I got back out there.

I'm sorry to have ruined the mystery of T2A for ya nightshark. :P
Special Projects Minion.

The Saint

Post by The Saint »

photo didn't work for me.

Sexy Smithy

Post by Sexy Smithy »

Storm in Seattle took my server offline. I didn't have electricity till like 2 in the morning. Took me 3 hours to drive 15 miles with 500 lbs. of sand in my truck and chains. It was a mess...

That having been said, i'm bringing the server back up and it should be visible again. Lemme know if you can't see it in a few minutes.
Special Projects Minion.

Omnicron

Post by Omnicron »

Sooo... Any prospect on getting better mare spawns rates?

Sexy Smithy

Post by Sexy Smithy »

I wish they would speed them up. I'm kinda sick of the spawn being so uber slow. They've effectively made them too rare. Then again, the entire T2A spawn is not correct. Mares should spawn much quicker than they currently do. Only thing that made them rare was spawn blocking.

Anyone know if spawn blocking was intentional or if it was accidental...? Was it just a limitation of the spawning system at the time?
Special Projects Minion.

Alebrije

Re: The Mare Spawn Points...

Post by Alebrije »

Sexy Smithy wrote:They currently spawn in 3 areas on UO Second Age.

There were 2 more spawn spots that I know of for sure. One was East of the City of the Dead across the River and North of the 2 Bridges mentioned above smack dab in the middle of the T2A map from an East-West reference. The other one was by what I called The Horseshoe further East from Delucia than the East of Delucia Spawn we have here.

~Smithy
I also remember the East most corner from Del, near the Portal to Island Temple.

Omnicron

Post by Omnicron »

I remember the spawn blocking as well. As soon as you take the mare out of t2a another would spawn. This did not last very long. I would rather keep the currant system than have one person owning them all.