Monsters using weapons, and Blacksmithing issues

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
OhSnap
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Monsters using weapons, and Blacksmithing issues

Post by OhSnap »

ZombieFever wrote:Going to have to agree that I don't recall weapon wielding monsters doing more damage.

Back in the day I used to farm for the ringmail tunics at the Cove Orc Fort. I was decently successful at it so no way could it have been that punishing.

As it is on the server now, Orcish Lords give me a run for my money.
+1

fancy shirt

Post by fancy shirt »

Bump!

I'm still confident that something is off when it comes to orcs and maybe other mobs as well. I'm sure this isn't a major issue to most, but it seems there are quite a few others who have noticed this difference and the OP (though I doubt he still plays here any longer, heh) does make a good argument. Any input from the staff would be appreciated.

I miss the good ol' days of working new chars up at the orc forts. :(

Holy Mittens

Post by Holy Mittens »

I have to add my voice to the ones saying this isn't era accurate. Monsters simply didn't use weapons and they definitely didn't wreck armor like all mace-weilding monsters on the shard currently do. I can't attest to their difficulty vs T2A era difficulty, because they don't seem all that tough here. But they definitely do destroy any armor, making it not worthwhile to actually do things like go to the orc forts, which used to be places of fairly heavy activity, especially for newer characters.

Edit: Nevermind. I just hopped over to the Cove orc fort and had an Orcish captain (the ones that look like Orc Lords but have names) hitting me for 20+ damage a swing. Definitely overpowered for the era, when I used to run around with a character in spare studded leather and have little trouble with them.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

You ever just provoke spawn and walk away? Or you know just to do it to train up monsters players usually do not fight while macroing healing or vet to make them powerful? I did all the time. Sitting in your house is sometimes boring...and I often made characters where if they died once... I threw them away.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.