T2A accuracy (Mod: Stat Loss Discussion)

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Jew of Yew

T2A accuracy (Mod: Stat Loss Discussion)

Post by Jew of Yew »

My first suggestion is this. Do everything you can to strive to be the most accurate T2A server available. Many servers have claimed T2A accuracy, but very few have delivered. I know that statloss for PKs sounds harsh but it is T2A accurate and is necessary to avoid what happened to IPY and what is currently happening to Divinity. If your playing on a T2A era shard, you should be doing it because you believe PKs are an important part of the game; however when blue hue is the minority in dungeons we have problems. I know right now with a small player base, its not gonna be a huge problem but if this server grows it will become a problem. You will not want to have to make a huge change like that after players have been here for a long period of time. Seriously consider this issue early in the shards history and make a decision soon rather than waiting and making alot of people angry later.

DemonArkanis

Post by DemonArkanis »

very true, dont know if its already like this. Havent tested.

Deano

Post by Deano »

yep I agree. I WANT pking because this is a simulated virtual world. We need murderers as well as good law abiding citizens. But the balance needs to be slightly tipped towards good citizens.

This was obvious in older UO. The design goal was there all along. Lord British himself commented in an interview a few months ago at his personal frustration with people constantly murdering (sometimes the same victim) but acknowledging that from a metagame context, they were doing no wrong. Murder WAS a part of the game. Just like on road trips you can bump into wandering groups of gypsies, you can also bump into wondering groups of bandits and theives.

Statloss and bounties were supposed to be the balance between good and evil. But after RG left UO, those idiots incharge in all their stupid wisdom introduced Trammel/Felucca. With no long term thought.
Deano

ecetres
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ecetres »

Yes stat loss needs to be implemented. I just left divinity because there is no check on reds. I like to pvp, but i more enjoy pvm. As stated above you need the balance of the two, cause it adds that intesity.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

These are some great points. Just on the accuracy side alone I think the argument is persuasive. Let's take some more feedback on this but you are right, if we are going to do it now is the time,

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Adding traditional stat loss will not work. It deters more people than it brings
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

DemonArkanis

Post by DemonArkanis »

add it. Put up a poll i say.

Storm
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Storm »

RoadKill wrote:Adding traditional stat loss will not work. It deters more people than it brings
Maybe the kind of people it deters are the kind of people we don't want here?

ecetres
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ecetres »

Very true.

OlogHai

Post by OlogHai »

i am new 2 weeks now and i would take stat loss no prob

King Of Ascalon

Post by King Of Ascalon »

i totally agree with this
i pwnzors all of juu nubz

Suppression

Post by Suppression »

I vote yes to stat loss..

Why you ask?

The reason IPY died was mainly because of too many pk's.. people slowly left.

The reason why Divinity is dieing is the same reason, too many pks.. There needs to be balance, and statloss is the awnser.
[:]Suppression[:]

ecetres
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ecetres »

Suppression wrote:I vote yes to stat loss..

Why you ask?

The reason IPY died was mainly because of too many pk's.. people slowly left.

The reason why Divinity is dieing is the same reason, too many pks.. There needs to be balance, and statloss is the awnser.

I recently left divinity because of it. But I'm glad I did because this shard is way better, and very accurate to t2a.
I havent seen anything else that is fair and works well to bring the balance for pk/blues. The real only other option is to do trammel, but thats not as exciting and there is no balance.

King Of Ascalon

Post by King Of Ascalon »

totally agree, stat loss should be implemented and i plan on being a pk, i mean i shouldnt be red and have to worry about 200 other reds. i should be worrying about the justifying blues and an occassional enemy murderer. btw PKS arent allowed in town correct? they shouldnt be :P
i pwnzors all of juu nubz

leterrien
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

yes

Post by leterrien »

Stat loss is both accurate and a great way to add risk to PKing newbs. Yes to stat loss.