"Snap-back" and stairs

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
SJane3384
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

"Snap-back" and stairs

Post by SJane3384 »

Since the LOS changes the "snap-back" bug, where you can drop an object on your spellbook to make it "snap back" to it's original location/one space down, has been broken. It's definitely era accurate:

Quote from Stratics:
Obsolete tricks

Chest trick / Spellbook trick

You no longer have to place items in a chest and chop the chest up, to make multiple items appear on the same level above the floor. Similarly, the trick of dragging an item from a stack of things to your spellbook and letting it snap back, is now obsolete. The decorator's tool now lets you raise and lower items onto the same level above the floor, without upsetting other items in the pile.
The deco tool was introduced in UO:R, therefore this would've been in era.

Link to the subject on UO Cafeteria -- HERE
It's a bit hard to read because it's a translation from Japanese, the topic is "4. Spelling Book Dropping Skills" and is about halfway down on the left hand side. Again, Babel Fish butchers it, but you get the gist (especially with the pics). This is another link that is pre-deco tool.

I have a question also, about stairs. They were another helpless victim of the LOS changes. I have yet to come across a link specific to them, but looking at what's involved in making them it seems like they should be era accurate also. I know there is now a workaround (the newbied item/decay way, or the table chopping way), but again, I think it was an in era bug to be able to make them.
Dolphins are NOT era accurate, and MUST be banned!
Sign my PETITION!

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: "Snap-back" and stairs

Post by MatronDeWinter »

The bounce-back chest trick works just fine the last time I checked. If you have 2 chests stacked, drag the bottom one to a spellbook or a container that cant hold any more items, it will bounce to its original location, but by this time, the top chest will have fell down to occupy it's space and thus, you have two chests on the same z axis.

I don't know about stair building, but I severely doubt the era-accurateness of this to begin with.

Sexy Smithy

Post by Sexy Smithy »

You can use Raw Fish Steaks and "cook" them out from underneath a foot stool that is NOT locked down. The stool won't drop if you do it that way...then lock it down.

What you say about the items being dropped on the spellbooks and not having to use chests for deco is correct. Its not right as it is now.
Special Projects Minion.

SJane3384
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by SJane3384 »

MatronDeWinter wrote:The bounce-back chest trick works just fine the last time I checked. If you have 2 chests stacked, drag the bottom one to a spellbook or a container that cant hold any more items, it will bounce to its original location, but by this time, the top chest will have fell down to occupy it's space and thus, you have two chests on the same z axis.
I'm not just talking about chests. I'm talking about all objects. The spellbook trick essentially took the place of the "move down" command with the deco tool. That definitely does not work.

I don't know about stair building, but I severely doubt the era-accurateness of this to begin with.
Why is that?
Sign my PETITION!

Kelektra
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kelektra »

I agree Sjane, Snap back is currently broken and doesnt work the way it did in our era.

Link below is completely old school how to make a piano and in it tells you to use the Spellbook snapback trick. If you tried to do this now the item lands at your feet and not back to its original position.

http://uo.stratics.com/homes/betterhome ... iano.shtml
Shards Only T-Map Validation System viewtopic.php?f=33&t=24446

SJane3384
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by SJane3384 »

Bump, hoping this can maybe be fixed at some point?
Sign my PETITION!