Companions!

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
King Of Ascalon

Companions!

Post by King Of Ascalon »

Companions are the people who in T2A and beta, were the first 7x gm people who helped newbies with getting gold, and learning things, i think a few companions would be quite beneficial especially if you pick the right people because they could totally boost our pop :D
i pwnzors all of juu nubz

Deano

Re: Companions!

Post by Deano »

King Of Ascalon wrote:Companions are the people who in T2A and beta, were the first 7x gm people who helped newbies with getting gold, and learning things, i think a few companions would be quite beneficial especially if you pick the right people because they could totally boost our pop :D
I remember a companion helping me the first few times I logged in. Extremely helpeful.

Personally I think this kind of help should also be a prerequisite for game masters. Game masters should be there for technical problems, in-game questions and organising events etc.
Deano

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Companions aren't really necessary. They basically are veteran players. Most players who come to free shards are long term UO players. There are some new people (completely new), but there's so much available on the Internet, these forums, IRC, and ingame, that the role of the companion is already somewhat fulfilled.
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

ecetres
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ecetres »

Though it is nice to have some one take you and show you the good spawns for newbs and the best farming spots etc. Especially since every shard spawns diffrent. Not to mention its been 8 years and some times it hard to remember. Plus any help with gold, a boat, or a house to allow them to macro or what not. I guess that just means community. Thats were you get a good fun player base.

Deano

Post by Deano »

ecetres wrote:Though it is nice to have some one take you and show you the good spawns for newbs and the best farming spots etc. Especially since every shard spawns diffrent. Not to mention its been 8 years and some times it hard to remember. Plus any help with gold, a boat, or a house to allow them to macro or what not. I guess that just means community. Thats were you get a good fun player base.

Those are the sorts of things you want players to be explaining to each other.

Otherwise you get a large player base of solo players who rely on companions instead of a large players base of team players.
Deano

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

I agree.

And if you need any help with gameplay questions or farming locations, please ask me. I'm in IRC anytime I'm ingame. I'm always willing to help out the community of the shards I play on
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Aye. since the IRC has been up the number of pages has dropped significtantly. The staff all really appreciate the help players have given to each other as it allows the staff to spend more time adding and correcting game content.