Accurate Rules

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Accurate Rules

Post by Mens Rea »

There was a particular talent in UO to making someone call you a racist name or other highly offensive terms.

Consequently, you could call a GM to have them suspended/banned from the game.

This was very useful at things like house decays - and it was a very big part of the game for me and nightshark too.

It's time to get accurate - let's do this.

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Accurate Rules

Post by tekai »

Don't be a pansy, Trash talk is a very large part of this game.
[broken image]

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Accuracy

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

Accuracy of mechanics is the goal, not stupid policies.

Bicchus Dicchus

Post by Bicchus Dicchus »

Let he who desires accuracy, be the first to uninstall Razor.

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

Bicchus Dicchus wrote:Let he who desires accuracy, be the first to uninstall Razor.
And replace it with UOExtreme!

I miss being able to see people while they were hidden.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

Quin the Wretch
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Quin the Wretch »

Let he who desires accuracy, be the first to uninstall Razor.
played 2 yrs before I got UOA. hard going back tho...
"I really need to increase my knowledgment" -anonymous

inmani

Post by inmani »

Malaikat wrote:
Bicchus Dicchus wrote:Let he who desires accuracy, be the first to uninstall Razor.
And replace it with UOExtreme!

I miss being able to see people while they were hidden.
This with pre-T2A archery/hiding ect would take accuracy uo emulator accuracy to a whole new dimension. It might not reflect accuracy of T2A era, but it would reflect a era of the game that veterans preferred regardless because everything was more intense.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

IMO
Razor makes this game so much less fun then it can be. I know it cant be played without Razor and now days if someone had to play without Razor itd be mayhem. But honestly, its too easy for people because of Razor now, UO will never be the same.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

inmani

Post by inmani »

Menkaure wrote:IMO
Razor makes this game so much less fun then it can be. I know it cant be played without Razor and now days if someone had to play without Razor itd be mayhem. But honestly, its too easy for people because of Razor now, UO will never be the same.
I hate Razor with a god damn passion too scripted UOA and UOE had just enough features without being stupid and automated and was during a era where game play wasn't stupid and gimmicky either and things like stealing and archery were in the rightful prime, but I do still recall UOE dominating for a large portion of T2A as well. In fact the readme file for UOExtreme 6.07e is dated 10/12/98 that was the last major version the program that fully worked right I believe or close to the last one at least. I know there were some versions released after 6.07e, but if I recall correctly they were buggier a lot of client crashing and more of it's features OSI began to patch fix to no longer work.

This was right around when the player base started losing interest in the game some pissed off about them dumbing down PVP and others just went to greener pastures of newer and exciting games of the era AC/EQ felucia and trammel was the final sweeping change nail in the coffin for most early veterans where enough was enough that was the final straw and they could kiss their ass goodbye and enjoy their care a lot hand holding direction they took the game in.

UO Origins has me interested a lot it's preT2A and the developer of it is considering making it old client only thus no Razor support, but allowing UOA and UOE 3rd party programs from that era from what I read on the forum anyway. If it actually works right it might just be the uo emulator private server I've been dreaming and wishing for all these years.

BTW does anyone know the actual client patch which brought about arm/disarm and last target features to T2A? I know instant hit is common on T2A now, but weren't there some early T2A client versoin without it? or maybe it's equip delay if that's different from "instant hit" itself as people refer to it I'm curious as to how or what was different server side before and after the arm/disarm /last target client patch update in T2A. I know pre-T2A there is a long equip delay in the demo, but not sure if that was also in part of the early T2A clients as well prior to arm/disarm being OSI hot key game macros. Was the patch update that changed fencing/swords/mace fighting preT2A or early T2A as well? I'm trying to make sense of the different game mechanics changes to the game between pre-T2A and T2A a bit better because it really helps explain things better in my head to make sense of it all as to how things really where and at what era points the problem is I played UO gold (preT2A) through most of T2A and it's difficult to remember which parts in particular where from which era and which subtle game mechanics changes happened at what points.

Freight Elevator

Post by Freight Elevator »

When will you get tired of this?
Lambo wrote: And seriously what kinda pvper ever has a character with parry they take out into the field...... really

inmani

Post by inmani »

Freight Elevator wrote:When will you get tired of this?
I won't I played UO live from pre-T2A through T2A why would I cease to stop caring about the accuracy of it or the details of the accuracy of it from those time spans?

Freight Elevator

Post by Freight Elevator »

I dunno maybe you'll realize you're annoying as shit?

You type all these run on sentences in 5 year old threads and all we see is you drowning in wizard tears.
Lambo wrote: And seriously what kinda pvper ever has a character with parry they take out into the field...... really

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

I like razor I dont want pvp to be like a hardcore version of me arranging my desktop
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

inmani

Post by inmani »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:I like razor I dont want pvp to be like a hardcore version of me arranging my desktop
Frankly I loathe it because it's only hinder era accuracy it's done nothing to enhance it. It's been used as a work around to getting proper 3rd party tools of the era working as they did. You can say what you wish about it, but that's a pure fact you can't swap a apple with a orange and try to fool me and say it's a fucking apple.