Dragons dont seem to be auto attacking reds.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Lord Cavewight of GL

Dragons dont seem to be auto attacking reds.

Post by Lord Cavewight of GL »

Recently I had two reds come up to like 10+ of my dragons.

I paraed one right in front of the dragons maybe at most 5 tiles away. They dragons just sat there.

I swear I just saw a patch making dragons more aggressive to reds and now it seems like they barely if ever auto attack.

Apoc

Re: Dragons dont seem to be auto attacking reds.

Post by Apoc »

They do attack they attacked my red in my home :)

Lord Cavewight of GL

Post by Lord Cavewight of GL »

Apoc wrote:They do attack they attacked my red in my home :)

I just mention it because two reds had no problem runn up to and around my dragons.

I also paraed one right infront of them and the red just stood there frozen and didn't get mass attacked.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Mine attacked a red while it was running idle. Meaning I had it attack a monster and when it finished, it walked around on its own without me saying follow me.

Maybe the trick is to just have them patrol?
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Depends how much the red is moving around. Think of the dragons as kind of a Motion Detector.

IMO, they should be tuned up to attack within a second of any red movement within range.

This is how I understand this mechanic, I could be wrong.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

A few months back there was a day or two when I would hop off my mare and it would attack me before my character could even remount. It was so bad that I avoided playing my red for that entire reason - messaged Derrick about it in IRC but did not get a response. Now it seems the timer on the mare attacking is huge. Stealth patch?

I also noticed that if I invis in the Balron room to get the spawn to attack another player (who is standing idle), the Balrons will often take a long time to switch to the new target. Given Balrons work on an insta attack timer, this doesn't seem to make sense.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Loathed

Post by Loathed »

if the dragons are attacking another target they won't change target unless they're attacked directly

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Dragons are sloooooooooow targetters. You can run around a wild one and they will not notice you for a couple of seconds.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay