Regarding a Feb 2 1999 Patch Note

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Regarding a Feb 2 1999 Patch Note

Post by Roser »

Feb 2 1999 Patch note wrote:Equipping a weapon now causes a short "prep time" before you can start swinging.
Is this currently implemented on UOSA?

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Regarding a Feb 2 1999 Patch Note

Post by nightshark »

Yes, when you equip a weapon in a ready state, there is about a 1 second delay before it swings.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

I'm not sure what your talking about nightshark...

When I equip a weapon in a "ready state" there is no where near a 1 second delay before I swing.

I do notice a delay (of about 1 tick) when I equip a weapon in the ready state and move in for a swing, however this is consistent with having a weapon already equipped and moving in for a hit.

I did testing in both cases and came up with the same result. Sometimes there is a small 1-2 tick delay, and sometimes there is no delay at all.

I am curious as to how this patch note was interpreted by the staff, and if/how it has been implemented.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

I'd assume its not since you can equip a hally and insta-hit right after, but then define how long 'prep-time' really is.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

You can't equip a hally hit and insta hit right after... that's my point. There is a delay on UOSA, it's very short but it's there. You can clearly see this when you're duelling and both players equip their hally. If one player is quick enough, they can hit the other but manage to get out of range before the other player's hally goes off. Player 2 is in the ready state, but has to chase their opponent down to get their hit off. Most people don't even realise and just assume they screwed up their cycle.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

I know this well nightshark, but the point I'm making here is it doesn't matter if you just equipped a weapon, or if you have had one equipped for ten mins.

This mechanic we see here on UOSA does not agree with the patch note, since it does not matter if you have recently equipped a weapon or have had one equipped for an entire fight. The delay remains consistently the same.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Rose wrote:I know this well nightshark, but the point I'm making here is it doesn't matter if you just equipped a weapon, or if you have had one equipped for ten mins.

This mechanic we see here on UOSA does not agree with the patch note, since it does not matter if you have recently equipped a weapon or have had one equipped for an entire fight. The delay remains consistently the same.
I don't agree with this, if 2 players both have a swing in the ready state and are not in their "prep time", then they move onto adjacent tiles, there are only circumstances in which neither, or both of them will swing. I have never seen just one player swing in this circumstance.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

We should get together in game and test this.

I can show you how I tested.

(I have to go for a few hours but will be back on later)