Runebooks will not be blessed

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Runebooks will not be blessed

Post by Hoots »

Ronk wrote:

I don't believe runebooks should be blessed. Because when you get blessed runebooks you get...

- People with a complete rune library in their bag. Instant travel to anywhere with no risk sucks.
- Destroys the need for most rune libraries.
- Makes the game even easier on mages and allows people to be lazy. I hate rewarding lazy.

Honestly, with the population at what it is a thief shouldn't even be a problem. If you are still banking at Britain AND you have the ability to recall...you are a fool and deserve it getting stolen.
yeah, those are all good points.

Cheapsuit

Post by Cheapsuit »

The good thieves are all over and not just hanging around at Brit bank. ;)

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

if the thief is good you will not know they are a thief at all :D
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Cheapsuit

Post by Cheapsuit »

ROFL...true trrue. :)

Frozard Hyromantle

Post by Frozard Hyromantle »

Ok first off, there was no runebooks in t2a. It was after that era and an expansion or two later when they came in. Second, they are and always have been blessed. They were not susposed to be blessed, but due to a bug they were, and OSI descided not to fix it. So my suggestion is either bless them, or, if they arent going to be blessed, dump them so we are more era accurate.

alatar

Post by alatar »

Frozard Hyromantle wrote:Ok first off, there was no runebooks in t2a. It was after that era and an expansion or two later when they came in. Second, they are and always have been blessed. They were not susposed to be blessed, but due to a bug they were, and OSI descided not to fix it. So my suggestion is either bless them, or, if they arent going to be blessed, dump them so we are more era accurate.
you're making yourself look pretty foolish
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Frozard Hyromantle

alatar wrote:
Frozard Hyromantle wrote:Ok first off, there was no runebooks in t2a. It was after that era and an expansion or two later when they came in. Second, they are and always have been blessed. They were not susposed to be blessed, but due to a bug they were, and OSI descided not to fix it. So my suggestion is either bless them, or, if they arent going to be blessed, dump them so we are more era accurate.

This coming from someone who is so proud over a quote from some n00b proclaiming his l33t skills that he posted it in his forum sig.

alatar

Post by alatar »

Frozard Hyromantle wrote:
alatar wrote:

This coming from someone who is so proud over a quote from some n00b proclaiming his l33t skills that he posted it in his forum sig.
Is this a stab at the legendary Ironfist Max? Such accusations..

Nice facts btw, you got your research down pat on runebooks.
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Frozard Hyromantle

My research comes from the fact that I was there. There were NOT runebooks in t2a.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Runebooks were introduced in November of 1999 and were not blessed:
http://update.uo.com/design_43.html

The T2A era spanned the period on Oct 1998 to April 2000.

A bug in a later era did cause them all to be blessed, but the only way to bless a runebook prior to that was by use of an item bless deed, obtainable through the Cleanup Britannia ticket system (also in era). Item bless deeds are not available on UOSA.

Altec

Post by Altec »

Item blessed deeds would be awesome.

but what do i know, im just a doctor.

Allyward

Post by Allyward »

Yeh I was gonna say i seem to remember a ticket system...that would be cool! make it happen ::D

Sauron

Post by Sauron »

Frozard Hyromantle wrote:My research comes from the fact that I was there. There were NOT runebooks in t2a.
Yes there were. It's well documented. Get your memory fixed and learn to use google.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I think it would be fine if runebooks were either...
A.) Removed
B.) Blessed, but when you die, the runes fall on your corpse

If we all agree that they shouldnt be here, but that they stay because of organizational aspects, then whats wrong with a blessed runebook if the runes arent blessed.

Edit: Scratch that idea, I did not consider the unfair advantage this would cause for thieves not being able to steal your runes.

Senses

Post by Senses »

Here's a new one: keep your runes in the bank! Solves 99% of all rune issues, 1% being "but its not as convenient."