Runebooks will not be blessed

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Kenrick

Re: Runebooks will not be blessed

Post by Kenrick »

BlackFoot wrote:t2a era had a bug where you would open your bank box with the runebook in it, use your runebook, and it would stay open on your screen and useable no matter if you closed your bank.
Holy crap, you just gave me massive flashbacks! I totally remember that now... and the frustration of accidentally closing your runebook at the bottom of a dungeon!
how does I bought horse?

Alex21
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Alex21 »

woot, that would be awsome i could like recall to like anywhere in any of my books.
The First Player Of UO Second Age.

nubblie

Post by nubblie »

Kenrick wrote:
BlackFoot wrote:t2a era had a bug where you would open your bank box with the runebook in it, use your runebook, and it would stay open on your screen and useable no matter if you closed your bank.
Holy crap, you just gave me massive flashbacks! I totally remember that now... and the frustration of accidentally closing your runebook at the bottom of a dungeon!

lol..... wow..... how does anyone remember that! i do remember doing this...

TwoTon

Post by TwoTon »

hehehe i remember that bug as well

Clyde-

Post by Clyde- »

I know of this one bug, its pretty legit.
-cr3w-

alatar

Post by alatar »

Clyde- wrote:I know of this one bug, its pretty legit.
way to post 1 month + off topic
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Ronald McDonald

Post by Ronald McDonald »

I'm glad rune books are not blessed! I'm glad that vanqs and powers are rare! and I hope they become almost impossible to find! I love this shard!!!!

randale

Post by randale »

My idea is to put false descriptions of locations in my runebooks. Just imagine some red tried to use the rune to teleport to what I have marked as "house" and ports right into Britain!

Of course I'll have to remember the real locations.

johttenn

Post by johttenn »

I think, though, that a red on a shard with statloss would be far more careful than just hopping a run from a corpse.

alatar

Post by alatar »

johttenn wrote:I think, though, that a red on a shard with statloss would be far more careful than just hopping a run from a corpse.
good job..
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

yea i remember this trick, btu you could only use your runebook once after you had closed your bank and then it woudl disappear
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

randale

Post by randale »

BlackFoot wrote:yea i remember this trick, btu you could only use your runebook once after you had closed your bank and then it woudl disappear
Closed your bank? You mean take it out of your bank box? So, you can only use your runebook once and it ports back there? Or does it just cease to exist? That sux. :P

What about loose runes?

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

you open the book while it is inside your bank box, then walk away from your bank, and your bank box closes but the book stays open on your screen, then can use whenver you want, but could only use it once and then the book closes off your screen
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

StDrahcir

Post by StDrahcir »

I haven't read all the posts yet, but figured I'd put my 2 cents in.

I feel that having 1 (and ONLY 1) blessed runebook would be a nice convenience, but it isn't a necessity.

Part of the reason it would be nice are for the pure melee type characters because its hard enough recalling off a rune w/ low magery already. But, since this shard is very big (and I agree with them) on sticking strictly w/ how it was during that era then I agree w/ having them non-blessed.
Tanque / Chinchilla (crafter) / St Drahcir - (ingame characters)

Rollercouli

Post by Rollercouli »

Runebooks were never meant to be carried around, secure them in your house for guildies/friends/your cat.
and if i stomp my face into your fist, thats how i roll.