Ask UOSecondage page in the questions tab

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Downs

Ask UOSecondage page in the questions tab

Post by Downs »

http://ask.uosecondage.com/questions/?s ... ive&page=2

This is overrun with spambots and appears to not be in use. Should we clean it up and push using it or just get rid of it?

I remember it being a cool tool when it was first introduced. If it doesn't really get traffic, it might be better to get rid of it maybe. Just looks bad if someone new clicks the questions tab and finds an abandoned spam flooded page.
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Re: Ask UOSecondage page in the questions tab

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

Hopefully in the upcoming month a number of (good) things will happen with UOSA's web properties.

I recently took over the Wiki and have asked Derrick to kill off AskUOSA (Anarcho is going to see Derrick in person real soon and will hopefully get Ask killed, and the Wiki's subdomain utilizing my server's backup).

A new UOSA website is on the way (ww2.uosecondage.com - we could use some new testimonials in the rotator) and soon after I will be overhauling the forums to be mobile friendly and to match the theme of the new site.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Downs

Post by Downs »

nice, i mainly posted cause i was worried that you didn't have enough to do.

Where do we put our testimonials?
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

The Ask section of the website was an interesting experiment while it lasted, but we'll almost certainly be getting rid of it in the very near future. There is a grand total of exactly one piece of information that is regularly reference from there (what Derrick considered maintenance of an account), and the rest of the information contained there is either served via the forums, or the wiki. Given the extra administrative layer, the minimal use, and the spam, it's outlived its usefulness.

I'll move the relevant quote Derrick has made from the Ask section to an independent forum post on the subject.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

I think the forums are fine for mobile. I pretty much only post from my phone.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Dunder Mifflin Inc

Post by Dunder Mifflin Inc »

Capitalist wrote:I think the forums are fine for mobile. I pretty much only post from my phone.
Agreed. Wow never thought that would happen!