Old death mechanic

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Deano

Old death mechanic

Post by Deano »

I was just reading through The Second Age playguide when I recalled the old death penalty.

Upon death you could choose immediate resurrection with substantial and immediate loss to all stats and skills (never lower than starting) or choose to wander as a ghost until you find a healer or shrine.

You could also only resurrect 5 times in a period of 20 minutes. It took 20 minutes for each one of these 5 possible counts to reduce by 1.
Deano

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

It's been on my list for a while. I hope to get this in soon.

Thanks

Deano

Post by Deano »

Derrick wrote:It's been on my list for a while. I hope to get this in soon.

Thanks
Awesome.

Just a question, if it's possible to alter the server and client in such away, will it eventually be possible to remove all the UI references to newer expansions? For example, removing "samurai" and "paladin" from the character creation screen?
Deano

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

No, unfortunately that's all in the client, but there are some third party clients out there, although I haven't experimented with then.

Deano

Post by Deano »

Derrick wrote:No, unfortunately that's all in the client, but there are some third party clients out there, although I haven't experimented with then.
Any idea where to start searching? I'm hanging for one that resembles the original Second Age client. I tried connecting with 1.x but it doesn't work. :)
Deano