Getting killed in the middle of a tower?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Guerrilla

Getting killed in the middle of a tower?

Post by Guerrilla »

Not too sure about the specifics, but evidentally you can throw pots to kill somebody in the middle of their tower... happened to me yesterday, body decayed before i saw it, so i have no screens. Might want to look into this one Derrick
Halleluyah
<DemonArkanis> hopefully ill go to hell and not have to listen to your bullshit

Cindrew

Re: Getting killed in the middle of a tower?

Post by Cindrew »

I sent a PM to Derrick because it happened to me(no reply) also; according to TG they have discussed it with Derrick and it is indeed era accurate.
Cindrew of the Wolfpack (TW) - PVP Since 97'

Guerrilla

Post by Guerrilla »

sometimes i don't understand the reason behind some of these mechanical implementations....

Wonder how possible this would be without razor ...
Last edited by Guerrilla on Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Halleluyah
<DemonArkanis> hopefully ill go to hell and not have to listen to your bullshit

Vhyx

Post by Vhyx »

TG tower killed you too, eh?

I watched them do it to me. Just ressed up after they left and went back to what I was doing...

Hythloth Tower for Sale. Contact Boondock_Saint via PMs because it's his and not mine. Azheman will broker the deal, naked.

so.you.want.to.be...

Post by so.you.want.to.be... »

Any idea how this is accomplished? I mean, are they outside the tower throwing purple potions somewhere? Or do they get inside and do it from below? I believe that there are ways to do things like this but I just am not sure how it is done seeing as how the range of purple potions is 2 tiles.

Velner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Velner »

The same thing has happened to me. I also reported it as a Bug to Derrick, but have not heard back about it.

If this is indeed era accurate, does anybody know if it's possible in any other building aside from a Tower and is it only the ground floor of the Tower that can be Purple potted?

-Velner

Tiwstacain

Post by Tiwstacain »

wow, tears of a thousand noobs in here

TC

theuodealer

Post by theuodealer »

As a new player who just bought a tower for the protection they (used to) offer, I feel like I should throw in my two cents. If blowing people up in the middle of a tower was era accurate, wouldn't we all have heard about it (and done it) a long time ago? Like on the order of 12 or 13 years ago? It's not the kind of thing that players keep silent about.
A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. ~Muhammad Ali

Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors - try to be better than yourself. ~William Faulkner

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

This can be done by meteor swarm, chain lightning and purple pots. You must be on top of an adjacent tower and in range to cast/throw. The only other way to do this is to be on top of some other structure and be in range to cast over the battlements on top of the targetted tower.

If this is being done some other way then someone should probably expose this as quick as possible.

Halbu

Post by Halbu »

this isn't era accurate, lol. It's a RUNUO exploit.

This is an inaccurate mechanic/bug/exploit. Macroing safelty was always possible in a house if you were on the right tiles. Hopefully we can figure out a fix for this :wink:

Vhyx

Post by Vhyx »

Rose,

It's being done some other way. There are no buildings adjacent to my tower.

Hythloth Tower for Sale. Contact Boondock_Saint via PMs because it's his and not mine. Azheman will broker the deal, naked.

mfred
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by mfred »

Not a runUO exploit... not an adjacent home method. Tested and confirmed on test center as era accurate :?

Scary as hell IMO.

Ulfrigg

Post by Ulfrigg »

Hard to belive this bug wasnt discoverd untill 2012, also even if it works on the demo it doesnt mean they dint fixed it since it hasent been discoverd untill now.

Telamon

Post by Telamon »

Cindrew wrote:I sent a PM to Derrick because it happened to me(no reply) also; according to TG they have discussed it with Derrick and it is indeed era accurate.
So sad . . .

RPV Video of Malice using this exploit to kill a friend of mine in the center of a keep. House Kill Bug/Exploit

Edit: Bug Report with instructions how to re-create posted. I doubt this is era accurate. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=40888
Last edited by Telamon on Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:44 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Misti Autumns

Post by Misti Autumns »

Target relative location macro 4tw.