Animal Lore

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Maleficia

Animal Lore

Post by Maleficia »

Currently your ability to lore at early levels is restricted to tamed creatures. In T2A and before, this was not the case. You could lore any creature but obviously got no information if you failed, and a success at low levels sometimes yielded slightly innacurate information. Looking for when this change took place and I found this was part of the big nasty Pub 16 that occured right after UO:R was launched. Included in Pub 16 (for those that want to recall that debacle) was:

You are restricted to the creatures on which you can use the Animal Lore skill, based on your skill level:
0.1 to 99.9 Any tamed creature
100.0+ Any tamed or tameable creature
110.0+ Any creature

Stable Slots
Pet Limits

Is the animal lore restrictions a possible candidate for a ruleset rollback?

Dupre[THG]

Re: Animal Lore

Post by Dupre[THG] »

Also, power hour was removed and GGS aka guarnteed gain system came in, alot of people stressed over this. but in my opinion it was better.
Lord Dupre , Leader Of The Guard
Lord Of Trinsic.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Maleficia wrote:Is the animal lore restrictions a possible candidate for a ruleset rollback?
Yes, thanks much for noticing this, and for getting the docs on it. We'll get this changed right away.

Where you say any creature, you don't mean humanoid creature though I don't think? I'm pretty sure the Animal Lore skill was restricted to animals. But we can do some further research on this if we're in disagreement on that.

Dupre[THG]

Post by Dupre[THG] »

"Animal" Lore - animals
"Anatomy"-Humans
Lord Dupre , Leader Of The Guard
Lord Of Trinsic.

Maleficia

Post by Maleficia »

Derrick wrote:
Maleficia wrote: Where you say any creature, you don't mean humanoid creature though I don't think? I'm pretty sure the Animal Lore skill was restricted to animals. But we can do some further research on this if we're in disagreement on that.
Oh yes, I apologise for the lack of clarity. I beleive what could be lored as a creature type did not change, only the abilities need to lore it. Humanoids, undead, etc. could not be lored with the lore skill. I can look it up but I think the pub after 16 took away the ability to lore golems, but they are UO:R creatures anyway.

Anatomy would tell there endurance and strength using a message to the effect of This being looks extraordinarily strong, and that was an indication of strength in the 80's or something like that. I need to see if I still have my old Prima T2A guide in a box in the basement. It told what all of that was.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Maleficia wrote: Oh yes, I apologise for the lack of clarity. I beleive what could be lored as a creature type did not change, only the abilities need to lore it. Humanoids, undead, etc. could not be lored with the lore skill. I can look it up but I think the pub after 16 took away the ability to lore golems, but they are UO:R creatures anyway.
I fixed this problem in last night's patch. It's been set to allow animal lore for any creature that is either tameable, or can be carved for resources. So, Zombies no, Trolls yes, Ancient Wyrm yes, Human no.

If we find more accurate details on specific creatures we'll apply it.

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention.