Loot

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
alatar

Loot

Post by alatar »

High-end loot is dropping -way- too much. Items with properties such as "thunder" or any magery based ability should not drop at a 50% rate. I'm not trying to damper the server but the fact that I can kill a (one) balron, and get 2 thunder weapons, just isn't legit.

There is already no mage bonus, (scribe, alchy, nox, stun) which isn't necessarily a problem, but how is one suppose to defeat a warrior with a bankbox full of Vanq Thunder axes.

I don't want to sound like I am bitching or complaining, but let me pitch this to you. This is t2a, there is insta-hit. There is an abundance of high-end weapons, and to add on top of it there is a -substantial- meditation reduction on leather armor. So, you tell me how a mage, even 7x, without stun, is suppose to stand against such an opponent when the odds are overwhelming stacked against him.

Yes, I can wear armor, but then I lose my mana regeneration, which means the first time I take defense, i'll spend at least 40% of my mana healing, and should I choose to sacrafice armor for mana, then the warrior deals full damage + spell hits in recession.

Anyone else feel the same?

Dupre[THG]

Re: Loot

Post by Dupre[THG] »

im a warrior and i absoluetly feel the same way, mages are just underpowered its a warrior haven here,
Lord Dupre , Leader Of The Guard
Lord Of Trinsic.

Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

Can mages use these weapons as well? What does a thunder weapon do?
-Rapunzel-

alatar

Post by alatar »

Anybody with the correct skill can use it, it's just a regular weapon with spells imbued into it. Thunder is equivilent to an AoS, "Hit Lightning" weapon. It has a limited charges, but it is incredibly powerful. Imagine a vanquishing heavy cross bow of thunder..

Dupre[THG]

Post by Dupre[THG] »

on a tank mage so pre cast ebolt, equip Xbow hit with xbow of vanq, and lightning strikes levaving them with 40hp Ebolt, requip Done
pure mages would have already BEEN done lol
Lord Dupre , Leader Of The Guard
Lord Of Trinsic.

do0m

Post by do0m »

Guy's you're forgetting something... on this server's time line it is the age of the dexer.
Mages pwned way back.. now its dexers turn, lets not forget that after UO:R Mages pwn again due to mind blast which will annihilate ANY dexer that doesn't balance his stats, and most didn't.

At the same time, I also aggree with what youre saying, which is why i have not joined in the PvP tournys.

Ya, we could take wrestling and hope that it helps the dexer miss... but what good is that when we have no mana to go offense left?

Khronus

Post by Khronus »

i agree... no chance for pure mages in a duel here, im not too good at pvp but i tried some tournies and dexxers always make me waste all my mana on healing. (imagine a dexxer with dped weapons) I rly think mages should be able to use magic leather armor with no meditation reduction or maybe only a little reduction...Derrick has been talking about this stuff so i kinda gave up on it, i guess ill deal with it and make a dexxer too lol.
Visit Khronus Mall 2 Screens North From Brit Moongate!!!

alatar

Post by alatar »

Here is a solution, restrict all high-end attributes (blessing, thunder, etc) to t-maps..

do0m

Post by do0m »

Back during this time, when I use to host and compete in PvP tourneys we had set up a 15x15x15x15 "ring" (we used pieces of cloth for the outline lol) for people to fight. The rules were simple...

No pots
No magic weapons or armor, only GM quality or less
Only people with the poisoning skilll level 65+ were allowed to use poisoned weapons
Mage's weren't allowed to use Paralyze
No invs, hiding or stealththing (this also included the famed "Tab hide" and "Teley hide")
No Stealing

I cant remember anything, but that seems about right. The matches went pretty well, we did it latter style at random for the first round and the 2 finalists went against each other at the end. Very rarely was it for money, mostly for bragging rights on the Catskills server.

do0m

Post by do0m »

These flash movies are along the lines of what we're talking about...

http://www.wtfman.com/flash/commovie.htm Part 1 of 2

http://www.wtfman.com/flash/com-2.htm Part 2 of 2

Also posted this in the general forum, non shard related.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I'll look into the drop rates on the higher end enchanted items, they should probably not be as common as they are.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Maleficia

Post by Maleficia »

do0m wrote:Guy's you're forgetting something... on this server's time line it is the age of the dexer.
Mages pwned way back.. now its dexers turn,
To a degree I do agree with you, but also remember why the classes were better than the others over different periods. OSI was on a nerf spree in the name of "balanced" play.When I started (right before T2A) it was tamers. T2A was mages, then dexers, and UOR was mages all over again.

I am not so sure I am totally on board with the era argument though. Remember for a fair amount of time, even after T2A came out, high end tames could be transferred to newbes with no tame or lore. I would be comfortable with balanced play making a match of mage v/s dexer a good fight regardless of the specific timeframe from T2A it came from. But "balanced" is an ugly term because from the OSI perspective they could not do it incrementally. It was all or nothing and the balance would shift violentally one way or the other.

dirk smallwood

Post by dirk smallwood »

I thought t2a was always full of tanks with a hally or heavyxbow and a flamestrike

Wick

Post by Wick »

If i remember correctly, Warriors were just about unstoppable right when t2a came out as it was.. With refresh, cure, heal pots and trapped pouches it wasent a fair fight with a dexer

dirk smallwood

Post by dirk smallwood »

I never used pots and i tore it up with a long spear :/