ARMOR

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Dupre[THG]

ARMOR

Post by Dupre[THG] »

1st: ring mail and chainmail and bone armor ALL took away from dex. but i see it is not taken away from dex on the server. hrmm and mages have no armor and are dominated by dexxers so why dont we try, fully medable leather armor. plus it would make tailors worth something and it would give mages something to spend money on besides regs, if this shard is to have balanced pvp some things must be changed to make it that way.
Lord Dupre , Leader Of The Guard
Lord Of Trinsic.

do0m

Re: ARMOR

Post by do0m »

Dupre[THG] wrote:1st: ring mail and chainmail and bone armor ALL took away from dex. but i see it is not taken away from dex on the server. hrmm and mages have no armor and are dominated by dexxers so why dont we try, fully medable leather armor. plus it would make tailors worth something and it would give mages something to spend money on besides regs, if this shard is to have balanced pvp some things must be changed to make it that way.
Chainmail never had a dex penalty.

Dupre[THG]

Post by Dupre[THG] »

im positive it did even ringmail took some dex
Lord Dupre , Leader Of The Guard
Lord Of Trinsic.

Deano

Post by Deano »

I'm positive it never took dex and it says nothing of it in my strategy guide.
Deano

alatar

Post by alatar »

Every armor took dex if it was metal, -1 for ringmail gloves all the way to -8 for a Bone/Plate Chest..

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Dupre[THG] wrote:1st: ring mail and chainmail and bone armor ALL took away from dex. but i see it is not taken away from dex on the server. hrmm and mages have no armor and are dominated by dexxers so why dont we try, fully medable leather armor. plus it would make tailors worth something and it would give mages something to spend money on besides regs, if this shard is to have balanced pvp some things must be changed to make it that way.
1st: I love it how these things are just stated as fact.
They did not, please see this link from Oct of 1999:
Stratics Armor
Dex penalties for each piece of armor, if any, are listed directly following the name

It is the basic principle of Second Age that we are not going to change the rules of the game to balance any particular playstyle. The era had a well balanced ruleset and every shard including the EA shards that has tried to "balance" things has failed miserably.

alatar

Post by alatar »

Must be UO:R, again..

do0m

Post by do0m »

haha told you so.

alatar

Post by alatar »

Only plate has a dex loss in T2A, the rest was UO:R.. should all be that way to lower dex godliness but whatever.. :?

Maleficia

Post by Maleficia »

Derrick wrote:The era had a well balanced ruleset and every shard including the EA shards that has tried to "balance" things has failed miserably.
DEAR GOD PLEASE DON'T USE THE B WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everytime it was attempted on shards controlled by the O$I.....

ooohhhhh i am feeling weaker already just being near this word