Ice storms

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Dreadnaught

Ice storms

Post by Dreadnaught »

Could be wrong on when they came in, but im pretty sure the blue ice storms didnt exist yet during T2A. If so, it musta came in toward the end.

Deadiam

Re: Ice storms

Post by Deadiam »

Is weather client side or server side, I want to say client but I am not entirely sure.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I'm running the 5.0.8.3 client installed from the 1998 T2A CD; I've never seen a blue ice storm. The only winter weather on my client is white snow.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

weather is server side

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Dreadnaught

Post by Dreadnaught »

Derrick wrote:I'm running the 5.0.8.3 client installed from the 1998 T2A CD; I've never seen a blue ice storm. The only winter weather on my client is white snow.
Im running that too Derrick, I ran across a blue ice storm just south of moonglow. The kind that happen a lot on ice island modern day.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

I do remember in T2A if you were near "fire monsters" or "winter monsters" you would feel the effects of the cold or heat. This was a system message and not just a "client side weather" effect. I don't remember if it did actual damage, it claimed to be, but it was in fact part of T2A. I will dip into my book and see if I can find more info
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

alatar

Post by alatar »

RoadKill wrote:I do remember in T2A if you were near "fire monsters" or "winter monsters" you would feel the effects of the cold or heat. This was a system message and not just a "client side weather" effect. I don't remember if it did actual damage, it claimed to be, but it was in fact part of T2A. I will dip into my book and see if I can find more info
This was fire & ice radiation from their respective monster types.

Ice elementals & Snow Elementals had an arctic aura.

I believe the fire aura was active for efreet, phoenix, and maybe the fire elemental? Possibly the lava lizard and other fire mobs..
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I recall this too. This Is prolly worthy of its own thread, but there was indeed at least a one tile damage effect from ice creatures.

If we can figure out the actual effect area radius, frequency and damage we'll get this in.

Red

Post by Red »

Ice storm? Like blue snow?
Rain perhaps?
It always used to rain on you about halfway from the brit gy to the brit mines. It would stay with your screen for awhile, even if you went back into Britain.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Red wrote:Ice storm? Like blue snow?
Rain perhaps?
It always used to rain on you about halfway from the brit gy to the brit mines. It would stay with your screen for awhile, even if you went back into Britain.
The rain and snow get blocked by Razor's weather filter, this can be turned off and I'd assume you'd see it again. The T2A thing was different, I don't remember visually seeing anything aside from a system message
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Faust

Post by Faust »

Rain and snow has existed since the early days of Ultima Online.

Dreadnaught

Post by Dreadnaught »

RoadKill wrote:
Red wrote:Ice storm? Like blue snow?
Rain perhaps?
The rain and snow get blocked by Razor's weather filter, this can be turned off and I'd assume you'd see it again. The T2A thing was different, I don't remember visually seeing anything aside from a system message
I agree roadkill I do not remember seeing anything. If anything there may have been snow but I know there wasnt the blue stuff. And im pretty sure there wasnt even snow, because I remember being awed they introduced snow onto ice island.