Client Gumps & Artwork Fixes

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Akanigit
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Client Gumps & Artwork Fixes

Post by Akanigit »

Blaise wrote:I might still have all my old 51a Sphere data lying around on my network stores at home. I'll take a peak later.
That would be amazing. I do know there is a way to get RunUo to work with the client, but I would rather do something that I know will work which is the 51a sphere server. If anyone happens to know how that would be an awesome write up.

Akanigit
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Akanigit »

Here is the changed login screen and the old screen I posted earlier with another to follow up with the rest of the art changed around. ImageImageImage

Ganklord

Post by Ganklord »

Akanigit wrote:ImageImage
LOL. Master Miner. Why You Not Use GM?
Jason- wrote:It's not just you. I want to punch a baby after reading his sentences.
okgoace wrote:dont spend too much time with this ganklord character, he is the ultimate griefer, lurker, troll.

Bicchus Dicchus

Post by Bicchus Dicchus »

I support this kind of era accuracy.

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

I keep meaning to go through and make the correct artwork/gumps. I've just been incredibly busy in real life. I will do it eventually, I promise. :D
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

RaveGreen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by RaveGreen »

So I'm not sure how on/off-topic this is, but I stumbled across it the other day and thought it was interesting and kind of relevant to this topic: Specifically the work she did to clean up pixels

http://www.andrea.net/uo/ (see also "fan art" section of her portfolio, lots of UO stuff there)

Asha [C^V]
Varamyr [C^V]
Marwa [<<< ,EBK, >>>]

IRC:Brandon

wrathofjo

Post by wrathofjo »

Oooo, so purrty. Is there anyway to apply retextures like that in game?

RaveGreen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by RaveGreen »

Not sure wrathofjo - was hoping one of the smarty-pants in this thread would chime in on that stuff too :lol:

Asha [C^V]
Varamyr [C^V]
Marwa [<<< ,EBK, >>>]

IRC:Brandon

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

Yes. There are ways.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Smarty pants!
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Bicchus Dicchus

Post by Bicchus Dicchus »

Where there's a whip, there's a way.

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

There isn't a quick and simple explanation. A quick and simple download file would take someone else a lot of time.

If you have some experience editing the .mul files of the UO client, you have some experience with programs like Photoshop,
and artistic talent...then I might be inclined to explain this to you if you PM me on IRC. Otherwise, its quite a lot for most people,
that have no idea on how to edit the UO client files, to pick up quickly. When I have the time, i'll answer questions all day long,
but this is something that would be much easier to explain live on IRC or Ventrilo. I didn't mean to be rude, its just not easy for
most people.

In general, though, getcha a UO editing tool like mulpatcher. Get Photoshop. Google the formats (.bmp). Make the pictures the
same sizes, pixel-wise. Use mulpatcher to put them in the appropriate .mul file. Back up your original install .mul files. Copy your
edited .mul files into the UO client directory when the client is closed. Start the client and enjoy.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Light Shade wrote:There isn't a quick and simple explanation. A quick and simple download file would take someone else a lot of time.

If you have some experience editing the .mul files of the UO client, you have some experience with programs like Photoshop,
and artistic talent...then I might be inclined to explain this to you if you PM me on IRC. Otherwise, its quite a lot for most people,
that have no idea on how to edit the UO client files, to pick up quickly. When I have the time, i'll answer questions all day long,
but this is something that would be much easier to explain live on IRC or Ventrilo. I didn't mean to be rude, its just not easy for
most people.

In general, though, getcha a UO editing tool like mulpatcher. Get Photoshop. Google the formats (.bmp). Make the pictures the
same sizes, pixel-wise. Use mulpatcher to put them in the appropriate .mul file. Back up your original install .mul files. Copy your
edited .mul files into the UO client directory when the client is closed. Start the client and enjoy.
You can't edit the resolution or spacing of the game though. So these hi-res tilesets from Andrea would just be a major cluster f***.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Nicci

Post by Nicci »

Hemperor wrote:
Light Shade wrote:There isn't a quick and simple explanation. A quick and simple download file would take someone else a lot of time.

most people.

You can't edit the resolution or spacing of the game though. So these hi-res tilesets from Andrea would just be a major cluster f***.
I believe they were all referring to the re-touched works more than the hi-res images. Either way, both can be done if you really wanted to.

Saphireena

Post by Saphireena »

RaveGreen wrote:So I'm not sure how on/off-topic this is, but I stumbled across it the other day and thought it was interesting and kind of relevant to this topic: Specifically the work she did to clean up pixels

http://www.andrea.net/uo/ (see also "fan art" section of her portfolio, lots of UO stuff there)
Hey Ravegreen and you other folks out there. I found this thread from my UO page counter. Just wanted to clear up any misunderstandings concerning the hi-res pixel "clean up" I was doing with those sheep. It was never meant as a test to see how a higher resolution texture would look put onto old normal sized assets. It was about doubling the whole game client completely.

It all started when the UOKR expansion came out. I found myself rather disappointed with the results and started to wonder what UO might have looked like at double the resolution of the legacy client. Being curious, I took those original assets, doubled their size in Photoshop and polished the blocky pixels to be more refined and have better detail. This sheep image is part of that experiment and doesn't really have any thing to do with the discussion at hand. It's purely about doubling the game client size. Further experimentation with this later led to making a full screen version which I still haven't finished since it's been a massive undertaking, but you can see:

The original screenshot of the game:
http://andrea.net/uo/general/art/gfx/gr ... iginal.jpg

The double sized version of the screenshot without any polishing done to it yet (remember to click to zoom in):
http://andrea.net/uo/general/art/gfx/gr ... zoomed.jpg

And finally the (mostly) polished version of the double sized screenshot (remember to click to zoom in).
http://andrea.net/uo/general/art/gfx/gr ... uction.jpg

Good luck however with figuring out a solution for the actual problems you're talking about here!