Client Gumps & Artwork Fixes

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Client Gumps & Artwork Fixes

Post by Kaivan »

It should be noted that we have a custom stuck option on UOSA. We do not have the same stuck option as found on OSI servers.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Akanigit
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Akanigit »

I was toying with the idea of editing the current gump leaving the slots on the side but adding either the mailbag or the correct icon up top. The mailbag would not work but would just be there for looks. I really think it would be a great idea to get a few of us interested together and work on finally hacking together a client for Second Age. I compiled a hefty todo list and then life got in the way. I really wish I could find the iso for the last T2A installer.

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

Akanigit wrote:I was toying with the idea of editing the current gump leaving the slots on the side but adding either the mailbag or the correct icon up top. The mailbag would not work but would just be there for looks. I really think it would be a great idea to get a few of us interested together and work on finally hacking together a client for Second Age. I compiled a hefty todo list and then life got in the way. I really wish I could find the iso for the last T2A installer.
http://uosa.lightshade.net/clients/
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

Akanigit
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Akanigit »

Also there is a T2A freeserver which I am not sure that I can link to that uses the old map, "The map we are using is the exact same throughout Pre-T2A, T2A, UO:R, LBR, and AOS. EA modified the map significantly after AOS which effects Pre-T2A gameplay. Modifications such as Magincia, hedge maze, two bridges in lvl3 despise, etc."

Akanigit
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Akanigit »

Light Shade you're my hero.

For anyone wanting to mess around. You can patch a client using the SVN repository my friend Mantis created, http://www.joinuo.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=647 to whichever patch number you like. I cannot remember the patch closest to April 2000 at the moment. I plan on patching up to it and going from there.

edit:Found it 1.26.4j. http://www.uoguide.com/List_of_Classic_Client_Patches

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

That old options gump makes me feel like I'm looking at an old sierra game.
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

Akanigit
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Akanigit »

Do we have a compiled screenshot archive? I can find stuff scattered around, some with dates and some without. It would be awesome to have a site that had those. I thought Marquee Dragon had them at some point but it seems to be a entirely different site now.

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

the bazookas wrote:That old options gump makes me feel like I'm looking at an old sierra game.
You know you want to play you some King's Quest.

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

Light Shade wrote:
the bazookas wrote:That old options gump makes me feel like I'm looking at an old sierra game.
You know you want to play you some King's Quest.
Yup. Right on the button.
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

Akanigit
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Akanigit »

Here is a small update. I have been messing around with the gumps trying to see what I can import easily into the current client.

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

You can load all these into the current client using a program call mulpatcher. I just haven't wanted to take the time to do it yet.

Akanigit
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Akanigit »

Light Shade wrote:You can load all these into the current client using a program call mulpatcher. I just haven't wanted to take the time to do it yet.
Correct. It's easy enough to add them in. Making the shortcuts work on the paperdoll is a different matter which hopefully will not prove to be to difficult. I am trying to find a .51a sphereserver at the moment. I believe that would allow me to connect with my older T2A client.

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

I might still have all my old 51a Sphere data lying around on my network stores at home. I'll take a peak later.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Ganklord

Post by Ganklord »

Just Saying If You Want To Implement Mechanical Accuracy Remove Stuck-Function. Shard Also Implemented Era Accurate Bugs. With Stuck-Function This Shard Will Always Be Wannabe.

Or You Could Just Admit The Merits Of This Road Have Been Reached And Implement Spiritual Accuracy.

Law Of Diminishing Returns And All That
Jason- wrote:It's not just you. I want to punch a baby after reading his sentences.
okgoace wrote:dont spend too much time with this ganklord character, he is the ultimate griefer, lurker, troll.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Ganklord wrote:Just Saying If You Want To Implement Mechanical Accuracy Remove Stuck-Function. Shard Also Implemented Era Accurate Bugs. With Stuck-Function This Shard Will Always Be Wannabe.

Or You Could Just Admit The Merits Of This Road Have Been Reached And Implement Spiritual Accuracy.

Law Of Diminishing Returns And All That
Again, we don't have the stuck function as it appeared on OSI servers. We have a customized stuck function that exists because of the realities of a free server, just like our account creation or connection systems, which aren't mechanically accurate either.

Of course, this thread is not the place to have this type of discussion.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org