Here is a suggestion about HOUSE DEEDS not decaying in 90sec

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
The Town Drunk

Re: Here is a suggestion about HOUSE DEEDS not decaying in 9

Post by The Town Drunk »

Kaivan wrote:
The Town Drunk wrote:
Kaivan wrote:Well, when you make a mistake and lose something that you don't want to lose, how would you expect us to react? You aren't the first person to have this happen to them, and you certainly won't be the last, and expecting compensation or some change to mechanics where none has been given in the past is an irrational expectation.
It probably should have been addressed when this issue arose tbh. Better late then never. Just a horrible feature that should be fixed imo and probably everyone else that has lost a gang of change.
So your suggestion is that we should change the mechanics on a server that aims to replicate the mechanics of the era. I'm sure you can see why that won't happen.
Well even if it is era accurate stupid decisions should not be duplicated just to make it more ERA accurate imo. But understood.
Halbu: Don't know if you realize this but I've killed more pvpers 1v2, 1v3, 1v4, 1v5 than anyone else on the entire shard.
TownD: LOL

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

I don't see how this can be considered a stupid decision. The patch notes explicitly warn players that leaving house deeds on the ground will result in rapid decay. The fact that you made a mistake with respect to the mechanics does not change that fact. Take it as one more mechanic you had to learn.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

The Town Drunk

Post by The Town Drunk »

Kaivan wrote:Take it as one more mechanic you had to learn.
Exactly what i've done. When I started 5 months ago I guess I should have read all the patch notes to know this but I didn't so it is my fault. I still find that housing deeds decaying so quickly is a horrible decision that was made from UOs get go.
Halbu: Don't know if you realize this but I've killed more pvpers 1v2, 1v3, 1v4, 1v5 than anyone else on the entire shard.

Pac

Post by Pac »

Why on earth is this an issue? Why do people so frequently find the need to drop house deeds on the floor? Are your bags really that full?

The Town Drunk

Post by The Town Drunk »

Pac wrote:Why on earth is this an issue? Why do people so frequently find the need to drop house deeds on the floor? Are your bags really that full?
Well I try and keep my house uncluttered and I happen to be just switching characters and considering about half the stuff in my house isnt locked down and are perfectly fine I never considered it would disapear almost instantly

Imagine if it happened to you, I bet your feelings towards the issue would be different. I can see maybe still keeping the delay to keep it era accurate but 90 secs is just stupid.

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

I read all the patch notes as bedtime reading material over the course of my time played here. I saw the note on this topic and I also had a guildmate lose a castle and tower.....at the same time. Your 150k is a pretty paltry sum.

Also, lol.

There are literally too many 'stupid' yet 'era accurate' things in the mechanics of the era, to list them all without facepalming myself blind.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

The Town Drunk

Post by The Town Drunk »

Blaise wrote:I read all the patch notes as bedtime reading material over the course of my time played here. I saw the note on this topic and I also had a guildmate lose a castle and tower.....at the same time. Your 150k is a pretty paltry sum.

Also, lol.

There are literally too many 'stupid' yet 'era accurate' things in the mechanics of the era, to list them all without facepalming myself blind.
True :D

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

The Town Drunk wrote:I still find that housing deeds decaying so quickly is a horrible decision that was made from UOs get go.
There's a good reason that we don't decide to put mechanics in based on whether someone likes them or not.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

FishinPro

Post by FishinPro »

Quick Fix: Every new character created get a special popup on character creation warning of things such as this...

That is all...
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=55362
^ What??? Another person got "treasureman'd" by cavewight?
Grats Cave on scamming another friend just for some petty wealth and getting away with it.

Come JOIN the -1 CLUB!

Join the KILL CAVE event!!

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

If we warn them about this, do we also need to warn them that you need to cut one bandage at a time? That if you die people can loot you?

Why not just link them to my 14,000 word guide for new players?
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Andersonius

Post by Andersonius »

Live with things my God you actually think that you would get your deed back

lol

chainsoar

Post by chainsoar »

Why do you have house deeds in your house?

Why can't you put them in a container if you for some reason insist on having them in said house?

How can you still not understand how newbied items work?

All the mysteries of the universe and beyond.
Braden wrote:I was getting ready to type a serious reply to this post until I saw who posted it.
[Uhh] Eo wrote:If there is one thing I am a fan of, it is exploring foreign holes.

Guerrilla

Post by Guerrilla »

Calls wambulance
Halleluyah
<DemonArkanis> hopefully ill go to hell and not have to listen to your bullshit

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

LOL, the corpse has long since decayed Guerrilla. No need for the waaaaaaambulance any longer. lol
Est Sularus oth Mithas

AceOfSpades

Post by AceOfSpades »

Very easily solved. Don't drop the god damn things on the ground.

If you are transferring them to a different character then put them IN A SECURE CHEST in a HOUSE or just log on a damn second account and do it that way.