Here is a suggestion about HOUSE DEEDS not decaying in 90sec

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
The Town Drunk

Here is a suggestion about HOUSE DEEDS not decaying in 90sec

Post by The Town Drunk »

Just lost a patio deed in 90 secs of it sitting on my house floor. Please post here as GM Mondain suggested if I posted maybe i could get something accomplished. I take that as if i get enough backing maybe I could get my damn deed back.

90 secs and the thing was gone, response I received was it has happened to other people so sorry. Please lets fix this, people work hard for there gold this is just extremely dumb to have it set to decay.
Last edited by The Town Drunk on Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Halbu: Don't know if you realize this but I've killed more pvpers 1v2, 1v3, 1v4, 1v5 than anyone else on the entire shard.
TownD: LOL

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Here is a suggestion about HOUSE DEEDS not decaying in 9

Post by Blaise »

Pretty sure it's era-accurate and as such, a loss many will face.

Your best option is to start a support group where the people who have done this with towers and castles can make you feel better about your minor loss.

Also, it wouldn't be UO if I didn't say 'For fuck's sake man, ever heard of a container?'
Est Sularus oth Mithas

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

we could make them non newbie again so you they just get stolen instead ? :D
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

The Town Drunk wrote:GM Mondain suggested ...
Mondain is a really evil man. Good luck getting that deed back.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

The Town Drunk

Post by The Town Drunk »

Or just make then NOT DECAY, I can place just about anything worth 5gps on my floor and its find but a 155k deed and it vanishes. It is just retarded.
Halbu: Don't know if you realize this but I've killed more pvpers 1v2, 1v3, 1v4, 1v5 than anyone else on the entire shard.

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

Go get killed through the stone walls of your keep or watch someone outrun your arrows.

Retarded is era accurate. Enjoy.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

I'm sorry to say, but house deeds were newbiefied during the era, and could decay rapidly if left on the ground. From the T2A patch notes:
House deeds that are purchased off of npcs will be considered newbie items. If you are a murderer and you die, a house deed will be left on your corpse. If you are not a murderer and you die, the deed will stay on your ghost character. If you set these items down, they will decay rapidly.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Pac

Post by Pac »

Newbie items decay after 90 seconds. House deeds are newbie items.

I'm surprised this is news to anyone.

kevin-theidocghost
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kevin-theidocghost »

Timelord wrote:Every single person in the game is out to kill you, loot you and take everything you own at any time.
http://www.twitch.tv/imr4350/

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Tough luck. I lost a keep deed that way one time so don't feel too bad. Whenever you get sad about your loss, just think of the positive side. The decay of newbiefied expensive items is a good gold sink for the server, and it helps keep the economy in check!

Every time you trash-can (or let decay) an expensive item, hemperor sheds a UOSA tear.

Freight Elevator

Post by Freight Elevator »

Kaivan wrote:I'm sorry, I can't help you with that.
Era accuracy at its finest!
Lambo wrote: And seriously what kinda pvper ever has a character with parry they take out into the field...... really

The Town Drunk

Post by The Town Drunk »

Freight Elevator wrote:
Kaivan wrote:I'm sorry, I can't help you with that.
Era accuracy at its finest!
this

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Well, when you make a mistake and lose something that you don't want to lose, how would you expect us to react? You aren't the first person to have this happen to them, and you certainly won't be the last, and expecting compensation or some change to mechanics where none has been given in the past is an irrational expectation.

The Town Drunk

Post by The Town Drunk »

Kaivan wrote:Well, when you make a mistake and lose something that you don't want to lose, how would you expect us to react? You aren't the first person to have this happen to them, and you certainly won't be the last, and expecting compensation or some change to mechanics where none has been given in the past is an irrational expectation.
It probably should have been addressed when this issue arose tbh. Better late then never. Just a horrible feature that should be fixed imo and probably everyone else that has lost a gang of change.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

The Town Drunk wrote:
Kaivan wrote:Well, when you make a mistake and lose something that you don't want to lose, how would you expect us to react? You aren't the first person to have this happen to them, and you certainly won't be the last, and expecting compensation or some change to mechanics where none has been given in the past is an irrational expectation.
It probably should have been addressed when this issue arose tbh. Better late then never. Just a horrible feature that should be fixed imo and probably everyone else that has lost a gang of change.
So your suggestion is that we should change the mechanics on a server that aims to replicate the mechanics of the era. I'm sure you can see why that won't happen.