Stealing Questions (Weight Checks and Flags)

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Elk Eater
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Stealing Questions (Weight Checks and Flags)

Post by Elk Eater »

Bump cuz stuff is broken! I can also confirm that disguise kits frequently (if not always) last two deaths rather than one.
Lord Cavewight of GL wrote:I should have never defended you, turns out your exactly how the guild described you.. SCUM.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

I've run some tests and can confirm a bug with attempting to steal heavy items triggering the perma-gray status. I've also stumbled across another bug with stealing heavy stacked items which prevents you from attempting to steal any part of it. However, I repeatedly tested the reported issues with flagging, and was unable to reproduce any of the results. Every time that a thief resurrected after death following a theft from an innocent player, they appeared blue to every player, and could successfully call guards when attacked by another player, including the original victim of a theft.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Elk Eater
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Elk Eater »

Thanks Kaivan, I'll try to nail down a reproduction of the flagging issue and update when I have something repeatable.
Lord Cavewight of GL wrote:I should have never defended you, turns out your exactly how the guild described you.. SCUM.

Jakob

Post by Jakob »

This is not exactly what is being discussed but a question came tome:

Is it possible to steal a gold pile (or any stackable items) weighing more than 10 stones if random stealing?
Lankgord: Hello. I'm New To The Server. Any Drama Going On Lately?

[20:38] <newYorK>i love how franz is in game robbing me while im reading his comic
[20:38] <newYorK> priceless

GeistSR

Post by GeistSR »

Stealing gold is the most unpredictable thing. You might get the pile, you may get a single coin. As for whether you can grab more than 10 stones' worth, I'm not sure either. It would have to be over 500 gold, if you care to test it.

Elk Eater
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Elk Eater »

BUMP, hope these get fixed sometime :D