Proposal for new attended macroing only policy.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Proposal for new attended macroing only policy.

Post by Light Shade »

MatronDeWinter wrote:It's too late in the servers life to begin a policy like this. Give it a rest.
Part of me agrees with this, though, Free Shards tend to have a lot of turnover so perhaps the age of the server isn't all that big of an issue. If you're talking about not allowing characters to be macroed, then I'd say it is too late, though.
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

UsualSuspect

Post by UsualSuspect »

I don't know why this got turned into, "only for skill or stat". We should be limited to uo assist, or nothing. This is what is needed for era accuracy. Getting caught marcoing unattended should be jail time. The main argument against this is inevitably, always, we have a lot of players that only play casually.. and can't spend that much time. As far as I'm concerned, the richest, best equipped, 7x gm should be a giant nerd that plays 24/7! Make it accurate!

UO assist.. maybe
No more razor
Get rid of skill/stat locks too

Francois424
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Francois424 »

When Skill/Stat locks where introduced, it removed a lot of annoying tweaking useless skills to offset stat issues caused by usefull skills of a good template. Why would anyone specificaly ask for it to be removed is *way* beyond my comprehention.

IMHO it is one of the best modification that ever happened to Ultima Online back then.

Vhyx

Post by Vhyx »

Light Shade wrote:
I hear this argument a lot when it comes to striking down proposals. It ignores that the majority of players will follow the rules if they know them. It also ignores player justice...we all know that our playerbase is more than willing to dispatch cheaters.

This leaves the cheaters, who will cheat regardless of a new rule or not...which will leave us with the same number of people to report for the most part. I fail to see how having a new policy or rule would actually change the Admins time policing anything. Sure, the change will have an initial bump in pages, but that fades out over time as knowledge of the change spreads.

Anywho, I'm just saying that I hate this argument that crops up anytime any change is proposed and think it flimsy at best.

Hythloth Tower for Sale. Contact Boondock_Saint via PMs because it's his and not mine. Azheman will broker the deal, naked.

Corbin

Post by Corbin »

Unattanded robots are one of the main reasons I've gone into refresh mode. I got tired of trying to keep up when everyone is seemingly running on a script. I go to shops... in comes someone running a buy script and unloads the vendors so they can sell them on player vendors for profit.

The bottom line is that unattended macroing back in T2A was a bannable offense. Now obviously we can't change the fact that people will macro up skills here unattended, but that should be all they are allowed to do. Anyone else using scripts to gather resources, buy/sell items, or do other automated tasks should not be permitted.
Pacific (98-02) - Mystic of FL
Catskills (03-08) - Roo Avery of VIT, T^B
UOSA - Amos Trask/Roo Avery of WTC

Stromverbrauch

Post by Stromverbrauch »

Corbin wrote:Unattanded robots are one of the main reasons I've gone into refresh mode. I got tired of trying to keep up when everyone is seemingly running on a script. I go to shops... in comes someone running a buy script and unloads the vendors so they can sell them on player vendors for profit.

The bottom line is that unattended macroing back in T2A was a bannable offense. Now obviously we can't change the fact that people will macro up skills here unattended, but that should be all they are allowed to do. Anyone else using scripts to gather resources, buy/sell items, or do other automated tasks should not be permitted.
Unattended macoring, Razor, Multi-Accounting was all either not allowed or not existing and is certainly era-unaccurate as can be. Yet these things are not just tolerated, but actually actively promoted on this server and it just goes beyond my head.

Razor is just such a huge change of the base game, it's simply crazy. PVP is basically script versus script, and the economy based on automated robots.

As much as I like the server and its setting, allowing this tool seems to be the single worst decision for a era-accurate shard.

jammaplaya

Post by jammaplaya »

easy enuf to p0l1ce them unattendeds, just gotta learn 2 PK them
or do u need staff to hold your hand awww

RickyM

Post by RickyM »

pay the GM's to police the macroers??? it is VERY simple thing to do.. you just port around to players watching them.. randomly go visible ask them a question.. they dont respond WHILE actively doing something.. they are macroing.. ITS SIMPLE.. its a FREE server.. the GMs are volunteers.. its not slave work.. its simple.

I will do this for free .. the server will have 75% less macro'ers in a week..

Freight Elevator

Post by Freight Elevator »

RickyM wrote:pay the GM's to police the macroers??? it is VERY simple thing to do.. you just port around to players watching them.. randomly go visible ask them a question.. they dont respond WHILE actively doing something.. they are macroing.. ITS SIMPLE.. its a FREE server.. the GMs are volunteers.. its not slave work.. its simple.

You should probably start playing single player games.
Lambo wrote: And seriously what kinda pvper ever has a character with parry they take out into the field...... really

RickyM

Post by RickyM »

Freight Elevator wrote:
RickyM wrote:pay the GM's to police the macroers??? it is VERY simple thing to do.. you just port around to players watching them.. randomly go visible ask them a question.. they dont respond WHILE actively doing something.. they are macroing.. ITS SIMPLE.. its a FREE server.. the GMs are volunteers.. its not slave work.. its simple.

You should probably start playing single player games.
you should probably use the time you saving macro'ing to get laid.. but seems like neither of us is going to do what the other suggest.. so best left at that.

Freight Elevator

Post by Freight Elevator »

RickyM wrote: you should probably use the time you saving macro'ing to get laid.. but seems like neither of us is going to do what the other suggest.. so best left at that.
Wow, that was a good one. How will I ever recover?
Lambo wrote: And seriously what kinda pvper ever has a character with parry they take out into the field...... really

Lambo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Lambo »

^ This is why I read the forums.
I am no longer a 15 year old kid with 0 responsibility living off cheese sandwiches and mountain dew. I cannot sit at the bk wall for 6 hours trying to gm swords. If there was no unattended macroing the ultima online freeserver world would be immensely smaller than it already is.
Buying Charged Hallys/Bards
Buying +20 Power and above Hallys
Buying Reflect Items 30 Charges and above

corruption42

Post by corruption42 »

Lambo wrote:^ This is why I read the forums.
I am no longer a 15 year old kid with 0 responsibility living off cheese sandwiches and mountain dew. I cannot sit at the bk wall for 6 hours trying to gm swords. If there was no unattended macroing the ultima online freeserver world would be immensely smaller than it already is.
This. A million times this.

We're adults, and if you're not an adult then I seriously doubt you have any real memories of T2A to be nostalgic about. If you don't like the situation, simple, don't play here. Its really as simple as that. The rules are set out for you, the explanations of why are even set out for you, and if you choose to dislike them, its really your own problem not anyone elses. If you can't understand how these things equally help the community as they do hinder, as well as the sheer fact that what you experienced FIFTEEN YEARS AGO is gone forever, never to be experienced again -- then theres a bigger issue.

Please, seriously people, grow up. Be better than this.
Valorite: The metal with mettle.

Stromverbrauch

Post by Stromverbrauch »

corruption42 wrote:

We're adults, and if you're not an adult then I seriously doubt you have any real memories of T2A to be nostalgic about. If you don't like the situation, simple, don't play here. Its really as simple as that. The rules are set out for you, the explanations of why are even set out for you, and if you choose to dislike them, its really your own problem not anyone elses. If you can't understand how these things equally help the community as they do hinder, as well as the sheer fact that what you experienced FIFTEEN YEARS AGO is gone forever, never to be experienced again -- then theres a bigger issue.

This part of the forum is still the "Suggestions" part, and discussion is allowed as far as I understand. You can't just dismiss any kind of critic.

Razor is more than "just" unattended macroing. It literally plays the game for you, even when you attend and actively play. A player who is not using Razor is a in a massive disadvantage. It obviously also is a era-unaccurate as can be. Of course this will always be controversial for people who have experienced the "real" T2A.

corruption42

Post by corruption42 »

Stromverbrauch wrote:
corruption42 wrote:

This part of the forum is still the "Suggestions" part, and discussion is allowed as far as I understand. You can't just dismiss any kind of critic.

Razor is more than "just" unattended macroing. It literally plays the game for you, even when you attend and actively play. A player who is not using Razor is a in a massive disadvantage. It obviously also is a era-unaccurate as can be. Of course this will always be controversial for people who have experienced the "real" T2A.
My point wasn't that this should or shouldn't be controversial -- its that the childish way that people make their arguments around here is truly sad. You don't have to like this rule, and discussing it in a reasonable manner, like adults, is acceptable -- but you can't tell me what transpired in the previous 5 posts was mature in any way in terms of discussion.

Having a discussion and arguing like its recess in the school yard are not the same thing; if people aren't bringing something constructive that fits with the expected goals of the server, its simply wasting time.
Valorite: The metal with mettle.