Proposal for new attended macroing only policy.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
UsualSuspect

Proposal for new attended macroing only policy.

Post by UsualSuspect »

It was era accurate. Unattended was banishment worthy.

UsualSuspect

Re: Proposal for new attended macroing only policy.

Post by UsualSuspect »

Come to think of it, wasn't uoassist illegal during our time period?

corruption42

Post by corruption42 »

UsualSuspect wrote:Come to think of it, wasn't uoassist illegal during our time period?
Nope. It was the first officially supported 3rd party app for UO, and was available by the end of the era.

Now, as for your proposal -- how do you propose to police this? If you're expecting the staff to be able to monitor a shard of 500+ people at the scale that OSI did, you'll be disappointed -- as I understand it, there simply isn't enough staff (and they work for free, on top of that) to police at this level. The decision was made for allowing unattended macroing outside of resource gathering for this very reason.

If you're proposing some sort of automated system; how do you determine whats attended and unattended then?

Either way -- given the current state of the shard, I expect that this will fall on deaf ears.
Valorite: The metal with mettle.

UsualSuspect

Post by UsualSuspect »

the only way i could think of to police it would to be a yes no box on a timer at random intervals. obviously this would affect non violators. Derrick, work on uosa without razor! :P

Freight Elevator

Post by Freight Elevator »

Hilarious
Lambo wrote: And seriously what kinda pvper ever has a character with parry they take out into the field...... really

Pac

Post by Pac »

I would support changing the policy to only allow unattended macroing for skill/stat gain and nothing else. Too much automated crap is turning this shard into a joke.

The Radical Larry

Post by The Radical Larry »

The Automatons are taking us over! Soon distinguished southern businessmen like myself will be a fleeting memory!

Ganklord

Post by Ganklord »

There Should Be Random Bans For Griefing Like On Osi.
Jason- wrote:It's not just you. I want to punch a baby after reading his sentences.
okgoace wrote:dont spend too much time with this ganklord character, he is the ultimate griefer, lurker, troll.

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

No banning for grief! It's era accurate.
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

inego
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inego »

unattended macroing is a reason new players will start playing. UO was built on macroing - attended or not.
Great Lakes 1998-2001

Stromverbrauch

Post by Stromverbrauch »

Pac wrote:I would support changing the policy to only allow unattended macroing for skill/stat gain and nothing else. Too much automated crap is turning this shard into a joke.
I feel the same way.

I played on OSI from 1998 until Trammel/Fellucca and then On/Off on some German RP shards that weren't really focused around skilling up, but back then I never even heared of Razor.

It's not the macroing I have beef with, I think it's not so bad that people macro lame skills like anatomy to get done with it. But the stuff that Razor does for you ingame is simply mindblowing for someone who is used to playing UO "Vanilla".

You certainly have a huge disadvantage if you don't know how to script macros in Razor.

Era-Accurate for the macroing would be to get sweaty hands in the morning when you check your character to find out if you are in jail or not... :D
Last edited by Stromverbrauch on Mon May 06, 2013 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Sure, just make certain you pay GMS for their time policing the joint :lol:
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:Sure, just make certain you pay GMS for their time policing the joint :lol:
I hear this argument a lot when it comes to striking down proposals. It ignores that the majority of players will follow the rules if they know them. It also ignores player justice...we all know that our playerbase is more than willing to dispatch cheaters.

This leaves the cheaters, who will cheat regardless of a new rule or not...which will leave us with the same number of people to report for the most part. I fail to see how having a new policy or rule would actually change the Admins time policing anything. Sure, the change will have an initial bump in pages, but that fades out over time as knowledge of the change spreads.

Anywho, I'm just saying that I hate this argument that crops up anytime any change is proposed and think it flimsy at best.

As far as a change to the attended macroing policy of this shard is concerned, I think it would absolutely be for the best to limit unattended macroing to character-building only.

It creates a much more interactive environment. It'd certainly be nice to see an interactive world that was more about the players' interaction and less about the unattended gathering and hording of pixels.
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

ah okay character building only makes sense,
wait...what happened did you get hit by archer bots or reg dealers loot the shops?
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

It's too late in the servers life to begin a policy like this. Give it a rest.