Pet follow speed

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

Re: Pet follow speed

Post by RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR »

Derrick wrote:
MRGrimm wrote:Are we certain that the follow speed on an attacked player is correct right now?
I played OSI from before animal lore was needed to control, till years after it was implemented.. I never remember being attacked at that follow speed, ever.
And all I did was PvP, and there was a LOT of WW's/Drags running around in my wars.

Are we 100% certain that the follow speed is correct? I see "Speed increase" but tha'ts a very relative term, which can be misconstrued a multitude of ways.
Based on the essays which indicated the increased speed on follow, especially where it says don't bother telling your wyrm to follow, it's not indicated necessarily that there wasn't an overall speed cap for creatures, which might be reasonably assumed to be one tile per tick. White wyrms in follow mode are currently exceeding this hypothetical yet certainly plausible "speed limit"

No, we are not certain. In fact most memories are very much in line with yours.
Yeah what is it like 2 tiles per .25 seconds right now, horse speed correct? Anyways whenever I see a white wyrm I always think Holy Shit.

I think it is more logical to believe that since no monster in the game moves faster than a person running, that white wyrms shouldn't either.

MRGrimm

Re: Pet follow speed

Post by MRGrimm »

Ok good. Just making sure I wasn't losing my mind...
I honestly remember them moving pretty quick, so quick that it was like run speed on foot... but never on horse haha.

Like fwerp said when they go into attack mode they should slow down, however out of attack mode I do understand the speed.

thanks for clarifying.