Being Red....

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Stromverbrauch

Re: Being Red....

Post by Stromverbrauch »

Another thing that makes PKing easier is the multi-accounting and ghosting.

Back in the day you couldn't just switch between 3 clients and stalk a place with a ghost to then "securely" do a PK run within seconds and even have anohter char ready as backup if anything goes wrong.

Imric

Post by Imric »

Stromverbrauch wrote:Another thing that makes PKing easier is the multi-accounting and ghosting.

Back in the day you couldn't just switch between 3 clients and stalk a place with a ghost to then "securely" do a PK run within seconds and even have anohter char ready as backup if anything goes wrong.
Most People i know did
In Germany the internet was very expensive and no flatrates existed, many people had monthly bills up to 1500$ (converted), so paying more accounts didnt matter and multi uo to start several clients was already there

Some PK guilds didnt care about the rules anyways, so they used tree hacking, dupe bugs, bot programs, unattended macroing and several other programs to do what razor does for all here (and more)

Andersonius

Post by Andersonius »

You technically could switch between 3 accounts back in the day. I personally did not have 3 accounts but I did have 2 accounts.

Supra-

Post by Supra- »

Little known fact: EA acquired Origin Systems in 1992. So technically they never 'took' over; they were always in control.

AngelCristo

Post by AngelCristo »

I would be all for a 2nd uosecondage shard that only allowed the client. Assistant programs have always bothered me. It is almost impossible to enforce this type of rule but I guarantee that the majority of players that chose to play there would honor that system. It would also be really easy to tell who is not following the rule, certain things could not be done as fast as assistant programs allow them to be done.

This is actually something that I have always kept my eye on. Hoping, wishing and praying that someone might give it a try. Even if it was low population I think I would still play there.

P.S - macroing should not be tolerated there either... just sayin' :)

Boxcar Sean

Post by Boxcar Sean »

I agree that razor has somewhat diminished gameplay on UOT2A. I remember back in the day having to summon elementals to GM magery and dumping tons of money and time into it. However, I really enjoy not having to do that shit. It was awful and felt like work. This is a game afterall, if I want to work I'd go to a job IRL and make money...

I think the PK penalties are fair. My reds are so far into stat that I'll have to start a new one if/when they die and spend a decent amount of money raising skills. Sure reds were scary when this game was at its prime, because there was no razor and no 7x GMing in a week. So to make things more difficult for reds the devs would have to revamp the entire game and change many things. I dont think thats their vision for UOT2A. I agree with an earlier comment about organizing a group of blues and tracking down reds. You know where they hunt, go to the rune library northwest of the Brit moongate and search the runes for PK hotspots. Shit, you could make a damn career out of hunting PKs alone since "everyone has one". And who cares if they do? Its a game... to have fun. If youre not having fun, why are you wasting your time playing.

Sometimes you get the elevator, sometimes you get the shaft. If youre being shafted too often maybe you need to find a different game more suitable to your tastes. People like this game because of the free will; not because its perfect or balanced, because it's not.

crappled

Post by crappled »

Menkaure wrote:To make this shard absolutely perfect, take out Razor. Take out macroing. Too many people macro, its become a problem. Reg gathering, resource gathering (people do it, and just dont get caught), macroing hours of the red, macroing every skill known to man, etc;
It kills the game. I love this shard, but they may as well change the shard name to Ultima Online: Macroing Age.
Even if we could play a Razor free UO, and continue to allow macroing, that would be fine too. But I do see certain points of the OP.
I do miss the days before macroing, where you actually had to play your character and it didn't feel like it was so much of a rush to a 7x GM character, but you kinda just did what you did and took pride in whatever random skills you acquired. Part of that was due to my newbness at the time, but it was a good feeling to truly have a unique character based on your gameplay style instead of just what templates worked and what didn't.