Buc's Den Caves Yield No Ore??

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Tony Costa

Buc's Den Caves Yield No Ore??

Post by Tony Costa »

I was roaming around on my miner marking veins etc (yeah I know there are rune books but I try a lot of diff locations) and I decided to pay a visit to bucs den caves to see whats up around there. Turns out, you cant mine in bucs den caves. No matter what there is always "no metal here to mine". I tried every square inch of the entire cave with no success at all.

Now, I tried this ONCE so I will go back in 30 mins and try it again just to verify that a miner bot didnt clear all the ore out before I got to it, but I am fairly certain it just doesnt spawn any ore.

I was wondering #1 is this a bug? and #2 if not, why do the caves not yield ore.

I remember vividly on OSI T2A era mining bucs den caves so that I didnt have to deal with 50000 other miners at minoc or brit etc.

I will find proof of this and post it for people such as kaivan but I am sure they already know that it did definitely give ore.

Anyone have any feelings on this?? (crafters that is)

Ill Gates

Re: Buc's Den Caves Yield No Ore??

Post by Ill Gates »

This is true!

(SaberOwnsVega) i will have better future than u got atm im telling u id be richer for edecational and 10X SMARTER
(SaberOwnsVega) garentee'd

[01:45] == #secondage Cannot join channel (+b) - you are banned

wrathofjo

Post by wrathofjo »

Yep, I remember mining there as well.

Tony Costa

Post by Tony Costa »

Yeah, I can't seem to find any "evidence" as of yet, though, but I am going to keep looking. I mean finding era accuracy on things like spell timing, hally cycles, housing rules etc is easy but nobody really posted anything about where you "can and cant" mine ore.

I can only assume that this is a bug and should be fixed; my guess is it was like this since server birth and nobody ever noticed because its such a secluded mining spot.

*edit* - I also came back a hour or so later after dinner and tried and still no metal here to be found pops up for the entire cave.

Tony Costa

Post by Tony Costa »

I managed to find something on "stratics" but I am not quite sure about the link maybe someone else can take a look:

http://stratics.com/community/threads/u ... den.54746/

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

I used to mine these spots on this server. I wonder if they're just getting cleaned out by the Recall Miners or if they actually yield no ore...?
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

Ore veins refill over the course of an hour. It would only take one hour to determine if they still spawned or not.
These are active ore spawns in RunUO default config.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

AceOfSpades

Post by AceOfSpades »

Yeah I also remember mining this area.