Question for Derrick and Kaivan

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Demetrius

Question for Derrick and Kaivan

Post by Demetrius »

Do sloping adjacent tiles block house placement?
"The secret to acting is to never let them catch you doing it"
-Marlon Brando

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Question for Derrick and Kaivan

Post by Kaivan »

Derrick would have to respond for a definitive answer, but from my testing, this seems to be the case.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

I was helping Demetrius test this out yesterday and it seemed to be the case where we were at as well. Era Accuracy, in regard to house placement rules, is almost completely unknown to me, but I thought I recalled seeing a post from you, Kaivan, or could have been Derrick, that the current rule set is innaccurate and needs to be fixed. We were just wondering if this is one of the things that will be fixed when you guys get a chance to work on that.

*EDIT* Found the post: House Placement Broken?
Kaivan wrote:Fourth, there is a flat land check that surrounds the steps of the house (although this is being incorrectly applied to the entire foundation at the moment) to prevent houses from being placed in locations where they cannot be entered. This means that you need to check for make sure that you have flat land surrounding the front steps of your house as well.
^^^Looks like this might be our issue?

Demetrius

Post by Demetrius »

The house that we were attempting to place met all the requirements but for some reason would not place. Apoc noticed that there were some sloping tiles and thought that this might stop the placement. Hope this gets fixed soon! :) no pressure! hehehe.
"The secret to acting is to never let them catch you doing it"
-Marlon Brando