Tournament stats tracking

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Tournament stats tracking

Post by Abyz »

Kaivan mentioned something a while back that in leiu of automated events, some sort of "book" (or other device) could be created to allow pvp tournament stats to be tracked on myUOSA. The ability to have a ranking system would imo increase the interest in these player run events. Let's implement this ASAP. Thanks guys.
hoaxbusterscall.blogspot.com

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Tournament stats tracking

Post by Blaise »

If you could get one of the new staff to confirm the results and post that to the my.uosa site, it would make a huge difference. Something will have to be done to archive the old auto-event statistics though (a long time ago).
Those are terribly misleading.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

If we could all donate more money maybe ash born would also hold the tournys weekly instead of every two weeks. Maybe also ash, if your reading this, cut down on the free prizes and up the tourny prize.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

AshBorn
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by AshBorn »

Menkaure wrote:If we could all donate more money maybe ash born would also hold the tournys weekly instead of every two weeks. Maybe also ash, if your reading this, cut down on the free prizes and up the tourny prize.
I can up the actual prizes sure, good idea.

Also, I dont think I can do weekly tournaments... I just started law school lol.

If you guys would like to host one at my tower in the interim :>

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

If there was a way devised to interface player run tournaments with myuosa rankings, my motivation to run events would return.

Question for staff:

Is there any way this could be considered, or am I wasting my time?

FishinPro

Post by FishinPro »

Abyz wrote:If there was a way devised to interface player run tournaments with myuosa rankings, my motivation to run events would return.

Question for staff:

Is there any way this could be considered, or am I wasting my time?

Every breath you take is a waste of every ones time...

Make your own spreadsheet and track it yourself...

On another, unrelated note, this shouldn't have anything to do with tournaments. If you track this it should be all kills in game at any time and you can compare your stats vs whoever you chose to look up. This would give a total in the field, in tournaments, anytime...
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=55362
^ What??? Another person got "treasureman'd" by cavewight?
Grats Cave on scamming another friend just for some petty wealth and getting away with it.

Come JOIN the -1 CLUB!

Join the KILL CAVE event!!

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

Blaise II has made himself heard. ^

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

Bump.

TI_Smithy

Post by TI_Smithy »

Ideas...

Dueling Stones (Global stats):
2 "Rune-stones" and a master stone which can be used to designate the rules which are are only placed inside a player home. Once activated the two players turn grey to each other and the duel can commence. If a player has items that are against the rules set forth by the master stone the duel will not start when the player clicks on the dueling stone. The only issue is farming stats so I would say to add a 15-30-45 min cool-down between fights from ACCOUNT A vs ACCOUNT B. Doubles as a gold sink. Dueling Stones cost 10mill

Tournament Guild Stone (Hosting Guild Tournament Stats):
A tournament is setup by the owner of the stone and all participants must accept the rules and enter 15 min prior to the tournament. The Tournament Guild Stone is tied to the hosting guild's name and results can be seen via uosa.com/guildtourney and by selecting a list of guilds which have tied a tournament stone to their name. The stone randomly generates the bracket and players must respond with the magic words "Blah Blah Ex Por" to announce they are ready to the stone. Tournament Guild Stone costs 10 mill

Populus

Post by Populus »

Set up a spreadsheet, have host of tournament type out the results and let participants vote if the results were valid. When voting-period is over, send results to MyUOSA through an API.
Could be my next project when I'm not busy.

Alternatively make a UOSA blockchain! YEAH! It'll be validated through PoG - Proof of Grief!
ImageImageImage
[cA]