accuracy unable to disturb your own spells

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Creager

Re: accuracy unable to disturb your own spells

Post by Creager »

For the sake of clarity, there is no concrete evidence of this feature or how it would have worked during T2A. However, there is evidence this was a mechanic associated with the re-implementation of pre-casting during UO:R.

It seems like if there isn’t enough evidence to outline the system during T2A, then resolutions can go either way: How the system worked prior to T2A, or how it worked after the reimplementation of pre-casting during UO:R.

As it is now on UOSA, you cannot equip while casting: which doesn’t coincide with either outlying system, and actually works in an opposite fashion.
Jono | Carnous | Micro

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

It seems logical to me based on the information presented in this thread and others that it's reasonable to allow weapon equips to interrupt spell casting, and also to remove the auto un-equip when targeting, as this has been show in other places to be inaccurate as well.

We initially took the "re-implementation" of pre-casting spells as implemented in UO:R to be a full reversion to the previous system, it does not seem at this point that this was correct.

Creager

Post by Creager »

Is there any time frame on the changes you noted above, Derrick?
Jono | Carnous | Micro

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

ASAP. My major focus right now is trying to figure out why fast creatures are hopping when following. As soon as that fix is ready for publish this should go on as well.

My ears are still very open to any late breaking developments on this issue. I regret making this change without having indisputably nailed down the era accurate behavior, but it having been substantially demonstrated that what we are using is not quite right either, I think the change is justified.

kill drizitz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kill drizitz »

Derrick wrote:It seems logical to me based on the information presented in this thread and others that it's reasonable to allow weapon equips to interrupt spell casting, and also to remove the auto un-equip when targeting, as this has been show in other places to be inaccurate as well.

We initially took the "re-implementation" of pre-casting spells as implemented in UO:R to be a full reversion to the previous system, it does not seem at this point that this was correct.
so does this mean its going to fizz when u dont unequip, or is it going to fire through the wep with it on? it should fire through it, thats what me bomb and platy were thinking when we first started.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Unequipping a weapon to cast was always part of the Pre:UOR era. You had to do this through out the pre-t2a and t2a era for casting spells. All that function did was allow the skill level of pvp to drop significantly. Most UOR mechanics that made things easier for people dumbed pvp down greatly.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

Post by RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR »

kill drizitz wrote:
Derrick wrote:It seems logical to me based on the information presented in this thread and others that it's reasonable to allow weapon equips to interrupt spell casting, and also to remove the auto un-equip when targeting, as this has been show in other places to be inaccurate as well.

so does this mean its going to fizz when u dont unequip, or is it going to fire through the wep with it on? it should fire through it, thats what me bomb and platy were thinking when we first started.
in other words you sound like a dummy

kill drizitz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kill drizitz »

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR wrote:
kill drizitz wrote:

in other words you sound like a dummy
u never played in era. gg on failing!

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

kill drizitz wrote:
Derrick wrote:so does this mean its going to fizz when u dont unequip, or is it going to fire through the wep with it on? it should fire through it, thats what me bomb and platy were thinking when we first started.
This is the real problem I've had when considering this change. There are so many different reports of how casting, and then equipping worked; hence why I've held off so long on making any changes, hoping that any change could be completely decisive.

The plan was to fizzle is the weapon was equipped when the spell was targeted, i.e., not to be able to target though the weapon.

kill drizitz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kill drizitz »

alrighty. now the question is, is this change in serious development and going to be introduced? i just want to know because that would change my macros around a little bit. im not asking if its going to be implemented tomorrow, just a heads up tho would be sufficient.

Eaglestaff

Post by Eaglestaff »

Yes - You could equip a weapon during casting and you'd get the "Your concentration has been disturbed" message.

No - (Precasting) If you equipped a weapon after the targetting cursor was up and then targeted the spell it would fizzle.

What I'm not sure of is if what you could do was charge the spell then equip your hally and swing then unequip it (which had a delay) and target the spell.
Last edited by Eaglestaff on Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Are you saying that targeting a spell with a weapon equipped wouldn't display a message and fizzle Eagle?

Eaglestaff

Post by Eaglestaff »

Faust, Yes the spell would fizzle. Not sure about any other message but I know it would fizzle.
Last edited by Eaglestaff on Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Faust

Post by Faust »

This same topic is discussed in a few threads below entitled "Self Disrupt Correct, but Targeting fizzling while equipped?" with a lot more details and description of the topic.

Redrumsback

Post by Redrumsback »

This is completely inaccurate to the era... i cannot believe a change was actually made here....... This change was the reason i quit original UO.... Am i just too old of a player to actually know this?

In fact this change was actually the turning point where origin started to loose the majority of its player base....