Guild Chat

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Whitley
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Guild Chat

Post by Whitley »

Attila wrote:Ok, now I'm confused...

according to Nystal per the followimg, guild chat is triggering sysmessage:

I've tested a
"target nearest blue"
if sysmsg ("target set")
then say "\Player Found"
end if
2 minutes ago...and it works for spamming guild chat.
Attila,

The "if sysmsg ("target set")" you listed isn't a guild chat. What I believe they're discussing it you have one toon guild chat:

\PK THIS N00B!

And if you do:

if sysmsg "N00B"

The "if" conditional will never be met, and the subsequent macro code reliant on it will not execute. I have verified this to be true in my testing. Hope this helps.

Whitley.

Attila

Post by Attila »

Ok, thanks for the clarification :)

Aeris
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Aeris »

Can UOAM allow ghosts to communicate? Because if not, then disabling guild chat would at least force ghost cam users to put a live char there, and would make the task significantly more difficult. You'd either have to GM Hiding/Stealth on the char for him to be in the place you want (monster aggro would make hiding impossible), OR gate him in pre-hidden (on the front steps of a house, for instance), PLUS you'd have to keep him resurrected, because you KNOW antis would begin running dungeons with trackers to hunt down these new "live cams" :)

So, rather than most players being afraid of using dungeons because of PK ghost cams (which is happening now), you'd have people totally excited about raiding dungeons to track live PK cams :P

Unless I don't know how communication crystals work (never used one, so very possible): your character needs to be alive in order to use one, no?
Taboo wrote:News flash, you are weak as fuck and can do nothing to detour me.

You have a cat dancing around mixing a record on your signature. Shut the fuck up farnk.

/next

Loathed

Post by Loathed »

i assume yes since they're not blessed items- so if you're dead you wouldn't have one in ur pack anyways.

Aeris
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Aeris »

Yeah I assumed too, but I had to put that in there as something of a disclaimer, since I've never used one :P
Taboo wrote:News flash, you are weak as fuck and can do nothing to detour me.

You have a cat dancing around mixing a record on your signature. Shut the fuck up farnk.

/next