Perma red now with no stat loss!

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Perma red now with no stat loss!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

It is supposed to be implemented now. The original poster had some other perma-red feature he was talking about. The ping-pong feature as it is affectionately called is to my knowledge in full effect. The only bad thing about it is after I go perma I have to wait 200 hours without murdering anyone to get back in the thieves guild. So each 5th kill I have to murder someone (all alts to speed things up) after 40 hours each time...then wait for all the long term to go away in order to Guild as a thief Perma-Red using the Bucs Guildmaster.

I am probably going to Ghost him for that period or get people to flag to noto-thief. Which is too easy with an alt stealther. "Any would be thief who does not want to lose the ability to give counts can also consider this and screw npc guild completely"

There is enough EV's, Blade Spirits, and people who attack others who appear besides them to know exactly what I am talking about.

(Yes I want to steal runes, recall regs and pouches and sadistically chat rp style while my compatriots para a man for two minutes before we kill him...is that so wrong? Like kittens playing with a well wounded mouse who can do nothing but accept their sharp tiny claws poking him in every which way that hurts...perhaps even for bait for larger prey)
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Here is the Perma Red Patch Notes

Post by Menkaure »

GuardianKnight wrote:
archaicsubrosa77 wrote:Added August 4:

Pema red has been implemented. (thread)
Perma-Red was introduced on OSI along with Long Term counts in March 1999 (patch)
The function is the same as on OSI in era, described below:
Another new counter we term "pingpong" will be added.
This counter increases each time you go red.
If this counter reaches five, you will be permanently red (meaning, you will be attackable. You will not suffer stat loss unless your murder count is also high).
This counter does not decay.

That is interesting. If real, surely it will be fixed.

Isnt this what we have going on now? Wont suffer stat loss unless your murder count is high meaning, if your perma red but have 0 kills, you get 5 kills, you need to macro 8 hours of stat loss, 6 = 16 etc
The system right now is the right system. 8 hours per stat AFTER the 4th count and 40 hours per kill, long term.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Menkaure wrote:
GuardianKnight wrote:

Perma-Red was introduced on OSI along with Long Term counts in March 1999 (patch)
If this counter reaches five, you will be permanently red (meaning, you will be attackable. You will not suffer stat loss unless your murder count is also high).

Isnt this what we have going on now? Wont suffer stat loss unless your murder count is high meaning, if your perma red but have 0 kills, you get 5 kills, you need to macro 8 hours of stat loss, 6 = 16 etc
The system right now is the right system. 8 hours per stat AFTER the 4th count and 40 hours per kill, long term.
This random new person makes a good point.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Perma red is real, just ask Kabal's dumb ass.

Also OP is a nerd. Real PKs take stat loss.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Real pks played siege perilous and didn't take stat. They also pvped in town.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Real PKS killed GK at Efreets 10 times a day, but GK never gave up. Soldier.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Fireball
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Fireball »

GuardianKnight wrote:Real pks played siege perilous and didn't take stat. They also pvped in town.
Ahh those were the days huh?

Who was your toon on SP?

FB
<@BoomlandJenkins> I don't favor anyone here, I hate all of you equally as much as the next player :)

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

GuardianKnight wrote:
Menkaure wrote:
GuardianKnight wrote:

This random new person makes a good point.
Yes that was Derrick quoted we have Perma Red. Meaning you can never go back to blue after going back and forth 5 times. Which means no stat loss after your kills dissolve. Same as any other PK if their short terms are gone. Meaning you can be a red thief who can steal from blues even if they don't flag first and disguise. Many "blue healers" at times tend to be thieves.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Kadull

Post by Kadull »

mrbojangles wrote:A new player not crying about getting pkd, but actually suggesting the server should be more hardcore?!

...Welcome to the shard!

Why is this mind blowing? At the heart of the cries of being PKed, and cries for things being made safer is the exact same notion: "I want things to be catered to my playstyle, instead of me improving my abilities to the design of the game itself." Or, as I like to put it "me me me me me me me."

Crying to make it easier to be a PK/thief/griefer/etc. isn't terribly different from crying to make it easier to be a PVMer.

In fact, 99% of the suggestions you see in online gaming are absolutely ridiculous. Another great example would be "Suggestion: More rares! It will increase the population because everyone likes rares!" This statement makes no sense, and is just kind of ridiculous to make. Everyone knows people want a larger variety of rares to collect, including staff. Stating they will somehow help the population is arbitrary. But, this is just one more example.

Chance

Post by Chance »

Maybe I missed it skimming through, but sounds like the OP is thinking of the original Hero/Evil System from Siege Perilous. "I am evil incarnate" to become tagged [evil].
~ Xigig ~ Mojoka ~ Shadowclan Orcs ~

Fireball
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Fireball »

Chance wrote:Maybe I missed it skimming through, but sounds like the OP is thinking of the original Hero/Evil System from Siege Perilous. "I am evil incarnate" to become tagged [evil].
It's possible. I'm an old fart now, and it's hard to remember that far back in detail. Did you have to say that at the Chaos shrine? I am pretty certain I remember having to say something there. Not that I ever clicked OK :) My guild were dedicated to protecting the innocent. Not really so relevant on SP of course.

Personally, I loved the Hero/Evil system. Never liked the Faction system much although we did participate in a big way, but it was annoying that some guilds were determined to exploit the mechanics/bugs any way they could to try to beat us.

FB
<@BoomlandJenkins> I don't favor anyone here, I hate all of you equally as much as the next player :)

kill drizitz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kill drizitz »

I thought improperly placed houses were stopped in the UOR patch.

If this is the case, improperly placed house would be the last HUGE game changer to UOSA and era accuracy IMO.

it would make sooo many more 7x7 spots worth sooo much more....

Ive brought this up in the past and am pretty sure its era accurate. Gosh those house spots South of Glow would be an AMAZING pvp/vendor/everything spot. Didn't want to start a new thread as houses were mentioned here.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

While we do know that certain restrictions for house placement are not correct, the issue is that several of the restrictions cannot be properly replicated here due to technical limitations. For example, on OSI servers, it was not possible to place a house over most rocks & brambles because they could not be passed through. However, here on UOSA, it is possible to pass through such objects, and as a result, they can be placed over. Other such restrictions (or lack thereof) are not replicated properly as well, but in several instances, we don't have any information on the exact mechanical implementation, only the mechanics described in the patch notes.

This topic should be addressed in it's own thread.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

kill drizitz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kill drizitz »

Kaivan wrote:While we do know that certain restrictions for house placement are not correct, the issue is that several of the restrictions cannot be properly replicated here due to technical limitations. For example, on OSI servers, it was not possible to place a house over most rocks & brambles because they could not be passed through. However, here on UOSA, it is possible to pass through such objects, and as a result, they can be placed over. Other such restrictions (or lack thereof) are not replicated properly as well, but in several instances, we don't have any information on the exact mechanical implementation, only the mechanics described in the patch notes.

There have been plenty of threads talking about this dating back to 2010. Not sure what another thread is going to accomplish. Thanks for the info on the reality of the situation though.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Kaivan wrote:While we do know that certain restrictions for house placement are not correct, the issue is that several of the restrictions cannot be properly replicated here due to technical limitations. For example, on OSI servers, it was not possible to place a house over most rocks & brambles because they could not be passed through. However, here on UOSA, it is possible to pass through such objects, and as a result, they can be placed over. Other such restrictions (or lack thereof) are not replicated properly as well, but in several instances, we don't have any information on the exact mechanical implementation, only the mechanics described in the patch notes.

Does anyone remember for a short time during Second Age Era, you were able to place a house by placing the steps on a hill and "hang" the house over the flattened area behind the small bump in the grass. This is kinda hard to explain, but, my old Catskills friends would remember because once we found this out, we placed a decent amount of two stories on Fire Island/Hytloth Island. The only problem was anyone could run under the entire house so if you were macroing it was a pretty easy kill. But, when placing, we would look for an area full of treesthat was hilly, we would place steps on the hill (or the small bump on the ground) and the house would place, and it would literally place over the trees(even the tall ones on fire isle) rocks, bushes etc; After you placed it, you could literally run under your house. I had a two story like this.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish