Viking sword noise

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Zerububus

Viking sword noise

Post by Zerububus »

In the interests of era accuracy, I would like to point out that the Viking Sword has the wrong noise, during T2a (and up until i stopped playing in AOS) the Viking Sword had the same "ting" sound as the katana, despite it's beasty damage, which is partly what made it such an amusing and great weapon, along with it's menacing appearance (it looks great with a heater shield!). Have any other swordsmen noticed this? RunUO shards all have the broadsword noise for it :/

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Viking sword noise

Post by Menkaure »

I would have bet every single dollar I had the viking sword didnt have the "ting" noise, and it had the broadsword "Bam" noise. So I gotta disagree with ya here. Whats the tutorial show? Anyone tried it?
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

FishinPro

Post by FishinPro »

Zerububus wrote:In the interests of era accuracy, I would like to point out that the Viking Sword has the wrong noise, during T2a (and up until i stopped playing in AOS) the Viking Sword had the same "ting" sound as the katana, despite it's beasty damage, which is partly what made it such an amusing and great weapon, along with it's menacing appearance (it looks great with a heater shield!). Have any other swordsmen noticed this? RunUO shards all have the broadsword noise for it :/

Pic or it didn't happen....
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=55362
^ What??? Another person got "treasureman'd" by cavewight?
Grats Cave on scamming another friend just for some petty wealth and getting away with it.

Come JOIN the -1 CLUB!

Join the KILL CAVE event!!

Zerububus

Post by Zerububus »

I'm adamant that it is just a RunUO bug that it has the broadsword noise! Anyone know where can I get hold of the UO Demo?

Kadull

Post by Kadull »

I actually used both broadsword and viking swords very often back in those days, and I am 100% certain that neither of them had the same 'ting' sound effect as the Katana. They both used that sort of "clashing" sound...

tholemu

Post by tholemu »

Having started playing back in early 1999, I have to agree with the poster. It was very odd and I remember it well. The noise did not seem to fit the weapon and was definitely the "ting" sound associated with the katana.