>>Tribal Spears?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Zwackelzahn

>>Tribal Spears?

Post by Zwackelzahn »

I was wondering if there are tribal Spears, the red ones on this shard? Should have been introduced with the lost lands if I remember correctly...

Bixby Legbone

Re: >>Tribal Spears?

Post by Bixby Legbone »

Zwackelzahn wrote:I was wondering if there are tribal Spears, the red ones on this shard? Should have been introduced with the lost lands if I remember correctly...
I haven't seen one on this shard. I can't recall if the tribals in the lost lands always existed or not. Although there is a cave in the mountain near Compassion shrine that has tribesmen and something resembling an untameable frenzied ostard.

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

They don't exist here. Tribal spears were available in the Lost Lands, but not during the T2A expansion, they came later on when savages were introduced - with savage paint, tribal spears, orcish masks of the kinn (I think)

I think this was closer to Lord Blackthorn's Revenge's update, but I could be totally wrong on that tidbit.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Zwackelzahn

Post by Zwackelzahn »

yes spears and tribal paint... the savages would drop some kind of berries and with cooking skill you could make body paint... thought it was in this area but you might be right that all this came in a later patch?! just shortly after...

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Zwackelzahn wrote:yes spears and tribal paint... the savages would drop some kind of berries and with cooking skill you could make body paint... thought it was in this area but you might be right that all this came in a later patch?! just shortly after...

I can tell you that definitely wasnt around during this era of T2A. I vaguely remember that, but that was right when I quit like 01 or 02.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Tribal spears were introduced as part of the savage scenario on OSI servers during June of 2001. This stratics BNN news article talks about the savages, and first reports their appearance in this story on June 23, 2001. The tribal spears themselves dropped off of savage riders that rode on savage ridgebacks.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Zwackelzahn

Post by Zwackelzahn »

Thanks for the infos!

Can you guys also let me know what weapon currently is the fastest on the shard? Is it still the Katanna with 58 weapon speed or has that been changed? I did a search and I am not sure it still is... so the info which weapon is the fastest is something i cant seem to get.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

The katana is the fastest weapon on UOSA, with a speed of 58. This was also true during the T2A era.

Zwackelzahn

Post by Zwackelzahn »

Kaivan wrote:The katana is the fastest weapon on UOSA, with a speed of 58. This was also true during the T2A era.
Ok great, thank you very much! :)

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Technically isn't a dagger faster?
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Believe it or not, no. The dagger is 55 speed, and the kryss is 53 speed. The katana is the fastest weapon in the game.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Kaivan wrote:Believe it or not, no. The dagger is 55 speed, and the kryss is 53 speed. The katana is the fastest weapon in the game.
Wow, now theres something I never knew about UO.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

It's something that was a source of debate a roughly two years ago here, and is something that was disputed on OSI servers by some players as well. Logically speaking, there doesn't seem to be any good reason why a weapon such as the katana would be both faster and have a better bell curve for damage than the kryss. It objectively made the katana a better weapon, and it was a swordsmanship weapon as opposed to a fencing weapon to boot, where fencing was colloquially considered the faster skill - and was for every other weapon. However, the katana is clearly the faster weapon based on certain findings, and the explanation that Matron requested in the damage types thread should help clear up what that evidence is.