Brit Sewers considered T2A?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Brit Sewers considered T2A?

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

I was going over this list and was wondering if this was ever talked about, or polymorphing into Monsters after eating Mushrooms. :?

http://wiki.uosecondage.com/Era_Accuracy
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Brit Sewers considered T2A?

Post by Kaivan »

No, the Britain sewers are not considered part of the lost lands.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

I know that somewhere sometime probably not this era, that you could learn skills by observation. Was this in mind for pets? Though I heard it affected players. Concerning this era is there anything on pets skill gains? I know it is not observable but is there coding for this? If so is there a list of skills a pet/npc can gain? Is there set maximums?
Last edited by archaicsubrosa77 on Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

I can't comment on whether skill gains for pets are coded on UOSA, but limited sets of skills could be gained by animals, as well as stats up to the same maximums that players had to contend with. Skill observation was, as far as I know, was limited only to certain skills, and was limited only to players.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Thank you sir. If I were the developers using that system I would have done the observation skill gains for pets only personally. It would be nice to have tracking or detect outside of the usual combat skills, meditation etc. on a pet.

Imric

Post by Imric »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:I know that somewhere sometime probably not this era, that you could learn skills by observation. Was this in mind for pets? Though I heard it affected players. Concerning this era is there anything on pets skill gains? I know it is not observable but is there coding for this? If so is there a list of skills a pet/npc can gain? Is there set maximums?
Learning skills by observation was a feature at the beginning of UO but was dropped very quickly cause it was a pain in the ass to lose your hard earned gm magery just by walking through britain.

Skill locks didnt exist and the system that the most used skills should drop at last never worked. Marking the skills by using all of the needed ones immediately after login didnt help.

A walk through britain gave u hiding, herding, musicianship, and so on. And according to Murphy the most needed skills dropped