An event strategy

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

An event strategy

Post by GuardianKnight »

First note:
Remove the silver system. Only one type of player benefits from it in a substantial way. I am one of those people that benefits from it, currently. All it has done is created a secondary currency, making any newcomer's gold worth much less. I don't even think the staff cares for it. Otherwise it wouldn't be so limited

On to the important part:

Create an event strategy that removes silver by rewarding the active, make the boss spawns kind of work like the UOR ones. If you do more damage, you get the better (or any) reward. Did you clear a ton of that spawn on your own? You're the effing hero of the day. You "deserve" something.

There were specially colored weapons in era after events. People had them.

State of the shard:

Silver appears to be that spiteful object added to events as it is. "Expecting" silver to be dropped is a sure sign that it won't be dropping.

Failed system:

Automated tournaments: Happened 3x more frequently than trophy producing normal player spawns. Uneven distribution based on player type. Used as exploit.

One single automated non pvp event: happened one time a week and people exploited it.

GM events: inactive people hiding on all 3 of their account alts, mainly rich characters. Exploited.

Finale:

I don't care that the silver system itself is not era accurate. I just think that it has lost its overall purpose. It takes too long for a normal player to accumulate, it costs too much for a average vet to buy, the lower level rewards aren't even worth taking, and you don't have time to run this system. It takes actual personal time on your part to schedule a time to do it. It isn't feasible to continue as it stands. Create something less time intensive on yours and our parts.

Make actual GM events lead to something interesting. People want to invest their time in something substantial. We don't want to just be doing something.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Andersonius

Re: An event strategy

Post by Andersonius »

Hey man

Changes changes, if only there could be some. I don't see any remote possibility that there would be any "boss" monsters of any type, or hued weapon rewards etc. as it would be trading the inaccurate silver system for an inaccurate UORish PVM system.

I think its quite clear that the majority of people here can be easily manipulated as far as "value" of goods, and this includes silver. (Think of housing prices which are silly considering the low pop anymore). Not to branch off topic, but 3x deed for crap swamp properties....sheesh. Of course thats down now to what, 2x deed for swamp crap? lol

Its cool to see some interaction from GM's again, and holidays bearing gifts and maybe a fun event etc. Sadly I don't think it will ever go beyond that....maybe when the pop is another 100-150 down.

Hope your doing good man take care

Oh, and I thought they were pretty much trying to do away with silver and now they have a little here and there. I agree its pointless to have the system anymore as there are hardly any ways in which to acquire it. The only changes I foresee happening is less and less as far as anything given out. Certainly no new unique cool system would be implemented. This great T2A shard is clinging to explicitly that: emulating T2A at a certain date.

Of course there were other cool things back then weren't there?

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

I would like to add to my suggestion, pertaining to the silver.

Remove the silver

OR

Add it into every single facet of events, including the automated newbie npcs that people are supposed to find on their own. Make it so silver is a common thing. Create a SET few items that can be bought with it and put it on a staff endorsed vendor.

Take staff out of the equation.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Honestly the whole more damage to a monster means you get more of a reward is trammel ish IMO.
I do however feel they need to add events back not just for pvpers but also add events or boss mobs for pvers. I also agree the silver system is flawed. I would probably be in favor of removing it as well and have awards for both events just be gold or something.
But, if your out in the wilderness fighting a boss mob, the loot should be free game, otherwise its just like wow or some other dumb care bear game
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Honestly the whole more damage to a monster means you get more of a reward is trammel ish IMO.
I do however feel they need to add events back not just for pvpers but also add events or boss mobs for pvers. I also agree the silver system is flawed. I would probably be in favor of removing it as well and have awards for both events just be gold or something.
But, if your out in the wilderness fighting a boss mob, the loot should be free game, otherwise its just like wow or some other dumb care bear game
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish