Telechinesis magic and Remove trap Skill

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
inscape

Telechinesis magic and Remove trap Skill

Post by inscape »

I perfectly know that this shard focus to offer a perfect T2a era but i would like to propose a suggestion that regards a useless skill.

I think that removing the possibilities to remove trap from chest by the telechinesis skill could give more importance to the remove trap skill and would create a specic build for dungeon treasure hunting...

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Re: Telechinesis magic and Remove trap Skill

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

Remove Trap is not a useless skill. Using remove trap (to my knowledge) allows you to remain hidden, while removing traps off of containers. It provides a unique ability that can't be replicated. This is very practical for safely stealthing through dungeons or houses, allowing you to loot chests while staying completely invisible.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Freight Elevator

Post by Freight Elevator »

Or you can just stealth back a tile and double click
Lambo wrote: And seriously what kinda pvper ever has a character with parry they take out into the field...... really

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Freight Elevator wrote:Or you can just stealth back a tile and double click
Unless someone removed the trap and set it with a tinker trap then *boom* dead. It doesn't even need to be unlocked. If someone is hitting level 4's too its a good way to eliminate competition.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Freight Elevator

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:
Unless someone removed the trap and set it with a tinker trap then *boom* dead. It doesn't even need to be unlocked. If someone is hitting level 4's too its a good way to eliminate competition.
I know right? It'd be a shame if my LPer had to grab 10 more recall regs and some lockpicks.
Lambo wrote: And seriously what kinda pvper ever has a character with parry they take out into the field...... really

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Freight Elevator wrote:
archaicsubrosa77 wrote:
I know right? It'd be a shame if my LPer had to grab 10 more recall regs and some lockpicks.
I bet you tele and show yourself after though...thats the point. People hunt lockpickers all the time. The ones on foot especially being easy targets.

Just passing on a tactic. You don't need the skill but I am showing how it can be used in coordination. No argument intended, just passing it on so you can scheme if you so choose.

Recall in hidden on your combat oriented build to watch the first chest while you continue on hitting other chests. Loot the victim, loot the chest. Keep doing that until someone starts to tele the chests...kill them. Continue on in this fashion. Just keep everything split screen...no big deal.

Some do this anyway using other means...its just less hassle to kill with a click.

If you want to do something like that you would need both tinkering and remove trap for skills. It's good for house looting as well if you want to be silent about everything, or add salt to the wounds of being robbed by trapping everything in the house. Leave a locked down outside your house as you will want to gate things and will probably sacrifice meditation. Have an alt grab the first nab and bring it inside then gate them in to the victim's residence to handle the rest of the transport. You want two accounts running whenever you loot it is more productive that way, more so if one gets caught or you fumble something and the gate closes.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Freight Elevator

I dunno I haven't lock picked in a long time because I find it boring. I will say that you don't need remove trap though.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Freight Elevator wrote:I dunno I haven't lock picked in a long time because I find it boring. I will say that you don't need remove trap though.
It isn't so boring as say fishing and when you start building your characters up to work as teams then you will find more interest in doing even more mundane things. For me I find the stat enhancement items as essential as they help round out my builds that are not min/max cookie cutters. These items guarantee I will never be less then 90 on those characters I have 90 strength in for example.

I had that before, the tinker lockpicker remove trap build. Unfortunately I let my friend give my account to another to utilize in order for them to build up their own as I had quit for awhile to play DDO. The result was because all accounts were similar it allowed them to take them all. Which is why I am spending so much time macroing now. So I have to do it all over again. It's a fun template...trust me. It gives you something to do and beats ghosting.

Freight Elevator

Well it is a good way to make money. I'm currently working on becoming friends with old money so they give me stuff when they stop playing. I've noticed this is probably the best way to get rich on UOSA.