Forum Moderators

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Capitalist

Forum Moderators

Post by Capitalist »

The need for forum moderation is long overdue. With that, I suppose a thread couldn't hurt in which regular forum posters attempt to elect forum moderators through suggestion of position.

My first suggestion would be Li Meiyang. He makes objective and productive posts most of the time.

Second would be GuardianKnight. But please don't let him touch the trade forums.

Thoughts?
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Xanben

Re: Forum Moderators

Post by Xanben »

I would like to put up Ashborn as another.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

I personally appreciate the relatively hands off approach that Derrick and co. take with moderating. Maybe you can list some reasons and examples for the need of another moderator?

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Capitalist wrote:The need for forum moderation is long overdue. With that, I suppose a thread couldn't hurt in which regular forum posters attempt to elect forum moderators through suggestion of position.

My first suggestion would be Li Meiyang. He makes objective and productive posts most of the time.

Second would be GuardianKnight. But please don't let him touch the trade forums.

Thoughts?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Xanben

Post by Xanben »

Adding onto Matrons' fabulous comment. I think there is enough work for the staff to deal with in the game, it'd allow for more policing in the game, while still keeping the forums running smoothly if not smoother. There is however always the problem of a player being allowed to moderate, and that is any past disputes can lead to some harsh calls. But then again I don't use the forums as often as I would like to or should.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

I think the looseness of the forums is nice. I hate having power hungry forum mods man, its so annoying.

BUT
If I had to pick someone, the only person that I think treats everyone fairly regardless if they like him or not is AshBorn. Id give Ashborn neon sandals to hold (if I had some) just to prove a point that hes that trustworthy.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

I Vote for Uncle Felix
[broken image]

Unknown Unknown
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Unknown Unknown »

archaicsubrosa77

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Unknown Unknown wrote:archaicsubrosa77
Rofl

Best...
Answer....
Ever....
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

I was the trade forums moderator. I quit because I was targeted for defamation.
You will find that even in the most annoying, dramatic, circumstances, I am the most fair. People that hate me and sometimes I disagree with will STILL use me as a broker. They know that I am above silly player antics or grudge scams.

Here are some solutions:

1. Players who are moderators must use a seperate account. Just like a player who becomes a GM.

2. There needs to be a seperate forum for questionable posts to be posted for moderators to get the ok from staff to delete or edit. I was in the dark the whole time. It seemed like every thread I was asked to look into was just asking to be a future problem for the moderator.

3. If a moderator goes inactive for more than 2 weeks, they need auto kicked from the program.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

I vote Thraximus Zog as moderator of the Era Accuracy forum and as Eternal Emperor of the ZOG Empire.

Hail Zog!

qwebirc41039

Post by qwebirc41039 »

Hail ZOG